another vx wannabe - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 08-02-2008, 07:22 PM   #1
Registered Member

another vx wannabe

Hey guys I found this site searching for a daily dirver. I accendently found a 94 vx 190k at UCL body is not banged up but faded paint and some rust on rear wheel wells. drives good CEL is on the interor is so so they want 2,650.
how do you tell if it has the shift lite i see the spot on the dash it never came on

acdillard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 07:31 PM   #2
Registered Member

I doubt the shift light will function with the CEL on. Try to find out what you need to put in to get it running right before you buy it.

seeholmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 07:11 AM   #3
Registered Member

Ive seen these cars go for alot more but not sure about the conditon
acdillard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 08:17 AM   #4
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to suspendedhatch
I paid $2100 for mine in Aug 2007, no body damage, no CEL's, and it passed CA smog with no maintenance required.

Civic VX, D15Z7, 5 Speed LSD, AEM EMS, AEM UEGO, AEM Twin Fire, Distributor-less, Waste Spark
suspendedhatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 11:49 AM   #5
Registered Member

VX Bubble?

The VX, CX, HF and even DXs seem to be in the midst of a price bubble right now. This is a very tough decision, made worse by the fact that you tend to have to make it quickly with incomplete information. Remember, the CX line continued into the next generation, and the HX is also a possibility. With a VX of this vintage (and it's a good vintage!) I think what you have to ask yourself is "How much work are you willing to do?"

It seems that a lot of people would be willing to buy a VX at almost any cost in this forum. I am among them. But almost no one is parting with them. I guess you know that all too well. But here is the great news. If you get a VX, it seems easier to deal with a burned out engine than the wheel wells! You can't drop a wrench in here without hitting someone who has done a DX to VTEC-E swap. Honda engines seem to pop in and out like Legos.

If you are willing to swap an engine anyway, it seems like the ideal solution is to find someone with a VX with good peripherals (body, suspension, interior, transmission) and do an engine swap. VTEC-E engines are supercheap because Tuner kids have spent the last ten years pulling them out of anything that rolled to make their Fast and Furious cars.

So, where are you on what work you are willing to undertake?
tucsonron is offline   Reply With Quote