Audi Q7 diesel - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 02-21-2021, 08:43 AM   #1
Registered Member

Audi Q7 diesel

I have a new addition to the fleet. I saw this 2010 Audi Q7 TDI for sale locally going at a very good price and just couldn't resist. She's a 2010 model with just 42500 miles and 2 previous owners. She has the 3.0 litre V6 diesel which sounds good and pulls like a train, the torque really pushes you into your seat, and a 6 speed auto gearbox. She has the adaptive air suspension so can be raised, lowered and stiffened or softened depending on where and how you're driving. This is the first auto car I've owned, and the first diesel in some time. Very clean and tidy, can't wait to use the vehicle more, get to know it, test the economy and detail the car. Unfortunately the emissions were bad back then, so the road tax is almost £600 a year, but I just pay it monthly so it doesn't seem as bad spread throughout the year. The fuel tank is 100 litres too, so will cost around £120 or $168 to fill, so this may not be a "long term" vehicle, but we'll see.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Snapchat-2067033502.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	240.0 KB
ID:	2740   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0393.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	154.3 KB
ID:	2741  

Please subscribe to my YouTube channel
Draigflag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2021, 09:11 AM   #2
LDB
Registered Member

That is really good looking but the costs are YIKES. Right now around here to fill the tank from bone dry would be about $65 and annual registration about $100. I drove a diesel VW a time or two and the torque was amazing in the small 4 cylinder. I bet in a larger V6 it is really something. Looking forward to hearing updates.

LDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2021, 10:05 AM   #3
Registered Member

Nice I always fancied an automatic diesel. It is a Tiptronic gearbox, first fitted to the 1990 Porsche 911.
Personally, I love automatics, as long as they are not DSG.
Old 02-21-2021, 01:30 PM   #4
Registered Member

Yea the running costs are high, I'm trying to make the figures work in my favour. I'm comparing the tax to the cost of 3 pints of beer a week, it's roughly the same, so it doesn't look as bad! And fuel costs, well they suck, but I did less than 4000 miles last year, so it shouldn't be too extortionate. I can't believe a full tank costs $100 less over there, that sucks for us...

Yea it's a conventional 6 speed so you hear and feel the gears with the option to use the pedals to shift. I am not a fan of DSG'S either, just don't feel right to me.

Old 02-21-2021, 06:17 PM   #5
LDB
Registered Member

Right now we are around $2 for regular gasoline and $2.50 for diesel near me. It varies around the country. I imagine California is $4.xx for both but don't know for certain. I'm just thankful to never have to go there.

Old 02-22-2021, 01:14 AM   #6
Registered Member

Diesel is around $6.35 a US gallon here with the current exchange rate. The difference in nationwide prices isn't as large as it is over there though. Although ev charging prices can vary alot, there's around a 400% difference between the cheapest and dearest public charging costs, meaning some EVs have a cost of 36 cents per mile if you used the most expensive.

Old 02-22-2021, 04:46 PM   #7
Site Team / Moderator

Arrow

I just filled up the SportWagen TDI up today. $2.689/Gal (US) and to get that price I had to use two different discount apps, plus the station offers $0.09/gal discount for cash or debit, so I used my debit card. In total my discounts came to $0.20/gal.

The Audi TDIs are nice Audi isn't modifying them in Europe? Here in the US Audi and VW had to make a fix for the emissions and install it on the vehicles.

Jay2TheRescue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 10:34 PM   #8
Registered Member

Good price for the fuel. VAG did do a software fix yes, I know many people with TDI units and they all received a letter stating they will be offered a software fix free of charge. This was a few years back, so I assume if this engine was subject to the fix, it's probably already been done. Sadly the emissions based taxes are based on carbon dioxide, and no fixes or modifications will alter what class it's in, it's in the highest one. I think in 2011/2012 they made a "clean" version and the tax was halved, kinda wish it was that model lol...

Old 02-23-2021, 11:33 AM   #9
LDB
Registered Member

It's too bad you can't get it tested and if it's lower get a reduction in the tax.

Old 02-23-2021, 01:15 PM   #10
Registered Member

It doesn't work like that sadly, vehicles this age are based on the official C02 emmisons from the old NEDC test cycle. These days, there's a flat rate tax system which penalises drivers of small efficient cars, and rewards drivers of larger cars. A backwards step, but it's what you expect when the government encourages people to reduce emissions, then looses a heap of money on taxes. Same thing will happen when 30-50% of the population switch to electric cars and the government looses tens of billions on fuel tax. It's a cycle.