d15z1 for free for d16z6 info - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuelly Community Support > Introduce Yourself - New member Welcome
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 11-25-2006, 08:29 AM   #11
*shrug*

Damn, springfield MA, I could even pick it up on the way home...anyway, I'll take whatever formula doesn't want/need, it would be easy enough for me to get the plugs I'd need and to find a vx IM somewhere.

What time will you have it out?

SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 09:10 AM   #12
Driving on E

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormulaTwo
I need the wiring harness!
The one that actually plugs into the ECU

I have a harness and will wire in everything you need to install the 4 wire 02 sensor
and make a diagram on how to install it.
plug and play
So you want to trade him your z6 harness for his z1 harness? Sounds like a good trade to me.

From the looks of it this is very much under control. Hopefully all will work out.

Matt Timion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 09:40 AM   #13
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to FormulaTwo
Yeah i need to know by monday
Another guy is supposed to be finding me a VX harness
but i would rather go this route.

let me know

FormulaTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 12:24 PM   #14
Registered Member

The new engine is done I just need to set aside a weekend to put it in. Within the next two weeks hopefully.
As far as the harness, I decided that I want to use a factory D16Z6 harness as the VX had the 5 wire O2 and EGR, etc.
If you can get me a complete harness in perfect condition it's kewl, If not I'll Ebay one. If you have one I'll pay to ship it etc. as I want to wire the engine as much as I can before I put it in..........
As I kinda made the offer to SVO you guys can work out who gets what. I'm pulling the engine and Trans out together as I'm using an EX Trans..
You can have it all, engine, Trans, wiring harness, ECU, air boxes and anything else I don't use.
This has been a really great reliable car for 248K. Still runs great, no smoke, no knocks, doesn't use oil and still gets 36 in the city.The transmission still shifts like it did when it was new. I'd love to see someone like you guys do something with it.
I build racing engines all day long and can't resist seeing what I can do with a Z6 motor. I have pictures of the VX engine as it sits in the car should you want to look at them, lemme know
You can write me directly if you wish. Olengrumpy@aol.com
olengrumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 12:36 PM   #15
*shrug*

Sweet, well, hopefully you get it out in the next two weeks so I can picking it up. I don't need need need the harness, so if you want that, formula, go for it, but the rest I'd need for a swap. We shall see how the cookie crumbles though.
Old 11-25-2006, 12:55 PM   #16
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to FormulaTwo
i was going to wire up a CX harness. Repin the ecu sockets for the 4 wire o2 sensor, since the CX comes with a 1 wire. And wire up vtec. Would not exactly be "minty perfect" but it would work.

Anyways, You are probably better off going for ebay.
the bid on this one is at $13

Click me

I am going to let SVO get everything and then i will work out something with him later on with what i need.

SVOboy pmed....

FormulaTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 12:58 PM   #17
*shrug*

I replied before you made this post, sucka

I feel like a vulture.
Old 12-05-2006, 07:31 AM   #18
*shrug*

*poke*poke*

Today or mehbe tomorrow is my last day to pick it up super convientently, lemme know if you've got it out. If not I can prolly do the 4 hour trek up from home and get it, shouldn't be too busy over break.
Old 12-05-2006, 07:36 AM   #19

Damn, wish I'd have seen this. I have a Z1 harness that has been modified for OBD-1 VTEC & 4-wire o2. I'd have let it go for the swap....not really willing to sell it though.

If you wanted to do the conversion yourself, HERE is a thread I wrote on H-T that detailed how to convert the harness. The good stuff is near the end of the thread on page 2...

***EDIT***

Looks like he ended up winning the auction for the harness on eBay.

GasSavers_DaX is offline   Reply With Quote