Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 12-19-2020, 09:05 AM   #31
LDB
Registered Member

Good looking car for 5 years in.

LDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2020, 12:28 PM   #32
Registered Member

Yea it's design has aged well, even though there's been a facelift since mine was made. There's also an all new 308 coming next year, with Peugeot's latest design language and the sexy looking long fangs that act as day running light and indicators which give all new Peugeot's a distinctive recognisable aggressive face. There will be an all electric version too, and no doubt a Peugeot Sport version the year after perhaps.

Please subscribe to my YouTube channel
Draigflag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2020, 12:17 AM   #33
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanamshukla View Post
Futuristic cockpit, cool thick looking steering wheel. Wish these available here. Wonder how's the reliability of modern French cars.

If I decide to get a newer car, most likely I want it to be a hatchback. Nice blend of everything.
Your profile says UK, so they are available here, unless that's a mistake? Yes hatchbacks are the easily the most popular genre of vehicles here, they offer a blend of compactness, versatility and practicality. Hot hatches offer the same just with better drivability all around.

Old 12-26-2020, 01:42 AM   #34
Registered Member

sanamshukla is just copying someone else's posts and posting them as their own. Did that with me on another thread. Spammer trying to get their post count up? I reported both posts.
Old 12-26-2020, 01:46 AM   #35
Registered Member

And no cars in the garage.
Old 12-26-2020, 01:49 AM   #36
Registered Member

This seems to be happening on a daily basis now...

Old 08-06-2021, 03:34 PM   #37
Registered Member

Well sadly my cherished GTi has just been written off in a very minor accident, if you can even call it that. It involved me overtaking a car which did not check his mirror's or indicate, who then pulled out right in front of me. My front wheel made contact with his rear, it was a very light bump and caused minor cosmetic damage to the alloy wheel and creased the front wing. The car drives just fine, there is no structural or mechanical damage at all.

There is a growing trend with insurance companies now to write off vehicles with minor damage, perhaps in a bid to fix the car quickly and/or just sell it on and make a profit. It's very wasteful, looking at the salvage yards website, there are cars with a tiny scratched headlight being written off. Anyway, as I adore the car and have invested lots in maintenance, I bought the car back for just 30% of its value, still damaged and with a Category N status for life, plus the balance of the cars value which I can either put towards a new car, or use it to fix this one. Once I've received both, I will disclose the figures and decide what's best.

I have a gut feeling the car will have suffered further damage from transportation and from being moved in the yard, which they do with large forklifts from underneath. My friend will inspect the car once I receive it. I'm very upset this has happened to my all time favourite car which I am very sentimental about. Almost every car I have owned now has been damaged or written off by other people's ignorance and stupidity, it kind of puts me off owning a nice vehicle.

Old 08-06-2021, 04:33 PM   #38
Site Team / Moderator

Sorry to hear that. When my Escape was totaled 2 years ago, our 1 ton van was also damaged at the same time (Both cars were parked on the street in front of our house when someone fell asleep driving down the road). Anyway, although the damage appeared very minor, they totaled our van, and only offered us $3,000 for it. I knew we wouldn't be able to replace our van with a reliable replacement that rand and drove well for that price, we elected to keep the van, and they gave us a payout. Ended up paying an extra $1,000 over what they paid us to fix it, but in the long run it was worth it, and they did not mark our title as a salvage.

Jay2TheRescue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2021, 06:17 PM   #39
LDB
Registered Member

Well, that really stinks. Hopefully they haven't done any additional damage to it and you can put it right without too much expense. We'll be looking forward to hearing more. Good luck with it.

LDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2021, 11:13 PM   #40
Registered Member

Thanks guys. The main thing is the car drives perfect, so from the inside, you'd never know. With a dent doctor, a new alloy and a few minutes with my machine polisher, you'd probably never tell.

How's this for a coincidence though...my previous car was also French, also metallic red, and was also damaged by a black SUV on the front passenger side wheel/Wing. I mean twice in row, talk about history repeating itself.

Tags
270 bhp, gti, peugeot, peugeot 308 gti, peugeotsport