Hello - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 05-18-2006, 12:51 PM   #11
*shrug*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compaq888
I did my research about it. As a matter of fact the dealer 10 miles from my house sold them for 26.5k
If I knew you wanted the I4 accord hybrid I wouldn't have critizied you. The 05 accord is a great car. My dad own the 05 accord 4 cylender. I've driven it on 2 occasions. It has power all over the rpm board. Due to my car's Iron block engine and a bad match up of gears my power only starts at 1700rpm.
To be fair, I doubt he gives much of a flying **** about the power band on his car.

I think as much as most people on this site care about their power band they care about moving it much lower and in a much more concentrated sense than a normal car would have.

****, I'm eliminating all power over 2500, and I'm happy with that, and if I wanted to drive a piece of crap that got 20mpg I'd hop in my gramma's cop car with a 5.6 V8 and go **** some people up, and still get 22mpg like I did last summer before I even knew how to drive efficiently.

SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 12:59 PM   #12
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to tomauto Send a message via MSN to tomauto Send a message via Yahoo to tomauto
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVOboy
****, I'm eliminating all power over 2500, and I'm happy with that, and if I wanted to drive a piece of crap that got 20mpg I'd hop in my gramma's cop car with a 5.6 V8 and go **** some people up, and still get 22mpg like I did last summer before I even knew how to drive efficiently.
Yeah, what is sad about Texas, is that 20 mpg is good. Everybody drives trucks, and it make me want to hit them because I never see any of them hauling anything around.

Welcome to the boards gonavy. The Accord Hybrid is a great vehicle! Too bad it isn't selling better. It just goes to show you that people buying hybrids have also want to make a statement (aka Prius)...But the Accord Hybrid looks just like any other Accord on the road. If I had a clap hands smiley I'd use it. The FE battle (Toyota vs Honda) goes to....Honda, easy...sorry compaq

Beater: 1988 Honda Civic DX Hatback - Stripped - 30mpg

RIP: 1996 Honda Civic LX 42mpg - you will be missed

https://tomauto.smugmug.com/Cars
tomauto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 02:32 PM   #13
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compaq888
I did my research about it. As a matter of fact the dealer 10 miles from my house sold them for 26.5k
If I knew you wanted the I4 accord hybrid I wouldn't have critizied you.
Compaq,
Why would you criticize anyone when all he said was, hi, glad to be here and this is what I drive?

krousdb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 02:40 PM   #14
FE nut

Welcome gonavy! It's good to see you here despite whatever else you may have heard. If your posts here are half as good as they are at cleanMPG, were in for a treat! Please stick around.

2007 Prius,

Team Slow Burn
diamondlarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 03:12 PM   #15
Registered Member

thanks

The internet is a very large place and there's room for all of us, even in one site. Those who shoot from the hip tend to miss the target more often than not, and end up with nothing left for backup. Its a wonderful self-regulatory mechanism.
GasSavers_gonavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 04:27 PM   #16
*shrug*

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonavy
thanks

The internet is a very large place and there's room for all of us, even in one site. Those who shoot from the hip tend to miss the target more often than not, and end up with nothing left for backup. Its a wonderful self-regulatory mechanism.
Unless your butch or sundance,

I love the accord hybrid, so there, I will encourage my mom to get one if I can't shove her in an insight or prius, but hell, she prolly won't buy another car since she got the camry new in 93, it'll be another 10 years I guess, who knows what we'll have then.
SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 04:37 PM   #17
Registered Member

better push fast if you want her in an insight! the end of the (production) line is fast approaching.

then again, by the time she's actually ready to buy her next car, honda's dedicated hybrid sedan model (a la prius) should be available.
MetroMPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 05:39 PM   #18
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonavy
thanks

I don't know where I shoot from but I am able to hit a target from 30 feet away 95% of the time.

Compaq888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 05:58 PM   #19
Registered Member

Gonavy sorry I went overboard. I'm not saying you made a bad purchase or anything like that. It's just that it costs $30k MSRP price, which is kinda of a rip off. They should of definetly made the I4 a hybrid.

Compaq888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 06:26 PM   #20
Registered Member

Send a message via Yahoo to JanGeo
Gonavy

Hey GONAVY don't let the kids get to you - they are just frustrated by low gas mileage and lack of money to do something about it in a big way so they struggle to make little improvements within their budgets. Then I come along with a Scion xB and get over 40mpg average and it's not even a hybrid!

JanGeo is offline   Reply With Quote

« Howdy all | Hi! »