Hello - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 02-28-2008, 10:31 AM   #1
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to CaliberMan71
Hello

I am registered with several online forums and this was one I had just found. I have a 2007 Dodge Caliber SXT it has a 2.0 Liter 4 cylinder VVT world engine it also has a CVT in it as well. With gas prices being what they are and what they are going to continue to be I want to do what I can to improve my MPG's with in reason of course.

CaliberMan71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 11:17 AM   #2
Registered Member

I for one would be a bit stumped as to what to suggest for those.... because I'm still trying to figure out how they got it wrong in the first place. In advance publicity, the CVT sounded great for economy, and the VVT sounded great for economy, and despite it's looks, I figured it had seen the inside of a wind tunnel... I was expecting a 30mpg average car, with highway numbers of 40 or so... maybe they haven't really got on top of the ECU programming yet, or are keeping something up their sleeves.

I am particularly bemused by the R/T, if I drive my '88 3.0 Voyager with a light foot, I can get damn near the same mpg numbers, if I drive it with a heavy foot, I can damn near keep up with one.... and it's got about a 400lb weight advantage, and probably a square foot or two less CSA.

So, probably boils down to the basics, keep your tire pressures high, the services regular, and learn to drive more economically. If it's done more than 10K now, it's probably a good time to switch to synthetic oil, that might gain an mpg or two.

regards,

Road Warrior

I remember The RoadWarrior..To understand who he was, you have to go back to another time..the world was powered by the black fuel & the desert sprouted great cities..Gone now, swept away..two mighty warrior tribes went to war & touched off a blaze which engulfed them all. Without fuel, they were nothing..thundering machines sputtered & stopped..Only those mobile enough to scavenge, brutal enough to pillage would survive. The gangs took over the highways, ready to wage war for a tank of juice
GasSavers_RoadWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 05:46 AM   #3

Welcome! Glad to see you've already put your vehicle in the garage. Keep us posted on your progress.

You may try a grill block and some aero mods to get better MPG.