Hello all! - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 11-23-2006, 09:04 PM   #11
Registered Member

Quote:
My car is a 1987 Nissan Bluebird 1.8 Turbo (8 valve). It is a 'T12' and in the States would most likely be known as a 'Stanza'. It uses a permanently open-loop fuel injection system, together with a low-compression engine, to get pretty poor fuel economy. Here, we pay $6.60 per gallon (I have converted to US gallons for this), and I get a fuel economy of 32.5mpg average. This is again in US gallons - so a lot of room for improvement!
My mom previous car was a stanza. Except here in the states they come with 2.4L engines (oh wait, it was a 1992 so they might of had different engines then the 1988 model). Welcome to the site!

Distance traveled by bicycle in 2007= 1,830ish miles
Average commute speed=25mph (yes, that's in a car)
kickflipjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 11:11 PM   #12
Team GasMisers5!

The 2.4 litre engine is the same engine they find in the 200SX in the States - KA24DE. Here, it is a CA18ET, and the 200SX gets a CA18DET (twin cam 16v turbo 170bhp). I actually have a 200SX as well, but it is not in use over the winter).

The T12 Stanza/Auster/Bluebird is a very reliable car, and gets over 200,000 miles without any problems!.

About the gas prices ('petrol prices!'). They are extremely high, and I drive a high mileage, which is why I have the big drive for economy!. The other reason is that I want to damage the environment less - the weather is already changing due to our pollution!

Team GasMisers5 - #1 for first three rounds of the original GS Fuel Economy Challenge
Miles displaced by e-bike since 1 Jan 2008: 62.6 (0 kWh used)
Hypomiler
landspeed is offline   Reply With Quote