Hello all.. - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 11-06-2007, 04:54 PM   #1
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to GasSavers_andyj Send a message via Yahoo to GasSavers_andyj
Smile Hello all..

Intro - I am not as much of a mechanic as I want to be yet, but experimenting with Hydrogen already for about a year. I did purchase a kit but had some sever issues with heat and really did not understand everything. After many hours of research I designed and built my own unit and it seems to be producing H2 pretty well. - BUT - my good 2001 Kia is not getting the mileage that I expected (rarely over 30). This is one reason I am a member - I want to find out more about what mods can be done to increase mileage on my car, now that I have all installed.

Hope to read/learn and share with all of you.

GasSavers_andyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 05:30 PM   #2
Registered Member

Hi andyj, welcome to the site.

First question: do you have a ScanGauge?

MetroMPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 05:48 PM   #3
Registered Member

Yeah - it would help a lot if you added the details of your car in the garage.
MetroMPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 08:42 PM   #4
Supporting Member

andyj -

Welcome to GS! I have a Hydrogen-Booster too. I haven't got it to work as claimed, but I haven't installed the "whole enchilada" either, so the jury is out for me. I am not a good mechanic either, so I am taking it slow.

Seconds on adding your Kia to the Gaslog. Is it the Kia Rio mini-wagon (the "Cinco")?

CarloSW2

What's your EPA MPG? https://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/calculatorSelectYear.jsp
cfg83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 06:05 PM   #5
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to GasSavers_andyj Send a message via Yahoo to GasSavers_andyj
Answers...

Sorry for the late posting guys - here are your answers.

MetroMPG - No I do not have Scangauge - would like to someday but seems abit expensive for me right now. Thank you for reminding me to add my car details to the site (Andy's Kia).

theclencher - Automatic Trans - the Kia has an OverDrive button that I never take off. It's barely peppy enough for me in Chicagoland area (mostly flat here).

cfg83 - That is what I did too - purchase the "Hydrogen Booster" online and found it really does not work as is. I too have the same issue, not a mechanic like I think I am. If you read a bit http://www.geocities.com/waterfuel11...ctrolyser.html you will find a set of plates do alot better. Heat seem to melt the thing so I rebuilt my own design. Same basic size but I took a gamble and purchase some carbon discs that are the plates. They seem to be working, using about 2/3 cup of water per tank of gas. Of course I am not getting alot more gas mileage. I believe due to the onboard computer is counter acting anything I am doing. Keep positive, this is an old proven technology that does work - we just have to get it right on our own vehicle.

Till later - happy experimenting.
Andy Johnson
Save on Gas - http://tinyurl.com/22cnyh
GasSavers_andyj is offline   Reply With Quote