Hello fellow Fuel Miesers - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 07-03-2008, 03:57 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hello fellow Fuel Miesers

Good afternoon all. My name is Alain. I think I joined this forum about a year ago and have never posted anything. Unfortunatley, that is because I had no questions nor answers to supply. I now a more veteran vxer have some questions. Insurance is trying to total my 95 vx due to damage from theft. They claim it is worth only 2640 (Compared 10 other 95 civics 2 door from my area to get 26400 and divided by 10). I politely told the guy to F off. In addition they told me I have no buy back rights if the total it due to theft and it just goes and gets crushed.

So I have a couple questions:

Any thoughts as to actual retail value (anyone recently sold there's) [stats: 95, 207k, everything looks good, needs new tires]

I am purchasing a 92 vx today w/ac (4000). How do I determine if it is CA or 49 state? I believe the typical o2 wire check wouldn't work as I believe all 92 vx's had 5 wire. (There is no SIL)

PS Don't panic. No matter how much damage is on the car I will not let them smash one of these rare stock 49 state model gas sippers!

acousin01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 04:19 PM   #2
Registered Member

Forgot to add. I should have a vx for sale shortly. Rather it go to a fuel miser than someone who wants to take this beautiful piece of fe and make a speed demon.
acousin01 is offline   Reply With Quote