Hello from sunny South FL - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 04-18-2008, 06:36 AM   #1
Registered Member

Hello from sunny South FL

Got a 1999 (A3 model..1998 body style) Jetta, gas, 2.0 motor automatic. Gets horrible fuel economy...about 22mpg combined hwy/suburban driving. Just getting starting on diferrent ideas on improving MPG with gas now at $3.47 per gallon for 87 octane.

Looking into additives for fuel such as combo acetone and xylene which is rumored to give a good mpg boost. Also heavy into the HHO research as I believe an on-demand Hydrogen cell system such as found on "water4gas.com" is the way to go. I am getting the parts together to build a "6 pack" or 6 cell design to help boost economy. I met Ozzie Freedom from water4gas.com. He gets 61 mpg on his corolla using several modificatons including his 6 pack HHO cell. I believe him. I hope it works for me.

Wondering if any others on this board have played with on-demand HHO systems and their results...particularly on a late 90's Jetta.

BTW, VW is a crappy car...don't every buy one is my advice unless its a TDI. Honda or Toyota are the way to go...but everyone should convert to HHO. It can only help, even if you only get a 10-20% boost in mpg. Better for the environment and your wallet. Look into the massive amount of research...makes sense to me.

Thanks...

hvyironfr8dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 06:45 AM   #2
Registered Member

Welcome...

No specific ideas on your Jetta, sorry, I always wondered why they never seemed to get such good FE as similarly powered and sized domestic and asian models. Maybe something to do with detuning them to run on US gas instead of European 96-98 octane. Good luck with that.

Remember that HHO gives a proportional increase usually, and Corollas tend to do better than gasoline engined Jettas normally, so don't be too dissappointed if you don't get 61mpg with the same setup. I figure you might see 40s at least though.
I remember The RoadWarrior..To understand who he was, you have to go back to another time..the world was powered by the black fuel & the desert sprouted great cities..Gone now, swept away..two mighty warrior tribes went to war & touched off a blaze which engulfed them all. Without fuel, they were nothing..thundering machines sputtered & stopped..Only those mobile enough to scavenge, brutal enough to pillage would survive. The gangs took over the highways, ready to wage war for a tank of juice
GasSavers_RoadWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote