Hello from Toronto, Ontario - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuelly Community Support > Introduce Yourself - New member Welcome
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 03-19-2014, 08:02 AM   #1
Registered Member

Hello from Toronto, Ontario

Hi Mates

Great to join. This site is awesome. I'm already picking up ideas from "MPG TIPS".
a bit of introduction, I had a 2005 nissan altima 5 spd manual, great fun to drive and 7.8L/100km. I currently drive a 2014 ram 1500 hemi 6 spd auto that is a lot more thirsty than the nissan. The truck was brandy new and my first fill up was hand calculated to some 17.8L/100km. but that was cold winter, engine break in.
I believe it has dropped to around 15L/100km and I'm hoping to see a better mpg as weather warms up. after having a baby in late 2013, I was shopping for a 4X4/awd that fits an infant seat at the back while a full size adult can still sit comfortablely in the front row. was looking at honda odysseys then popped into a chrysler dealer. I was shocked to find out that the money I plan to spent on a used odyssey can get me a brandy new ram 1500 crew cab. It also allows the option of getting a boat or a camper later and my kid will love his 5 foot 7 inch toy bin on road trips. I do suffer the mpg but when winter storms hits...oh boy, that's the only vehicle I want to be in.
The truck does leave a large carbon footprint regardless. I only use her to tow and haul and carry the entire family around. otherwise I use my wife's camry. now with this site's help, I'll try to squeeze out more and leave more for our future generations

Mark
xiuxianxie is offline   Reply With Quote