Hello, I'm new - Page 3 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 06-06-2007, 05:14 PM   #21
*shrug*

cozx2, of course.

SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 05:19 PM   #22

Thats actually a 2 door 'Scort ( drivetrain is the same though )

MnFocus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 05:28 PM   #23
*shrug*

Oops! I always get the two confused,
SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 05:34 PM   #24

Well you're still half right ! Drivetrain is for the most part(if not all ) identical .Just the body is different .
MnFocus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 06:26 PM   #25
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to GasSavers_Ryland
scangauge link should be on the top right corner of the web page, it's just a tool, simaler to if you want to make a fast car you want to know how fast you are going, and want a gauge that tells you that, so when you make changes you can moniter your progress, it takes what is otherwise a long drawen out prosess, and gives you a real time number, and an average number, and it's a dignostic tool as well, correct?
if you haven't already, introduce your self to your car, open the hood and poke it a few times, start at the begiening and change things that need changing, look at your air filter, your spark plugs, oil, tranny fluid, wheel bearings, brakes, tire presure, tire wear, the idea is to make sure that you have a solid starting point, your air filter should be clean enough that you can tell what it's made out of thru the dirt that might be on it, if you can't see the eliment, change it, if your spark plugs are getting old and have rounded tips change them as well, if your car isn't leaking oil and is properly broken in think about switching to synthetic, if you have an automatic find out how often you are suposed to change the fluid and the filter, if your car has any sort of shimmy, pulls to the right or left, or has uneven tire wear then take it in for an alinment, they should check all the linkage, bearings for play, and might tell you if anything else looks funky, you can also check this stuff your self if you know how, either way it's worth knowing, then make sure you have a good tire gauge I prefer digital as they are easy to read, but you can use the search function on this web site to learn more, alot of car owners manuals that I have read (I read them whenever I can) tell you to increase your presure by 4-5 psi above the presure recomended on the door jam for highway driving, alot of people on here simply put their tires at the max recomended presure on the tires, some go over that, but to do so is at your own risk, and in my opinion should only be done if you are willing to take the responsiblity of monitering your tires extreamly closely, and understand that you are going beyond what the manufactuer is stating they are designed for.

GasSavers_Ryland is offline   Reply With Quote