ideas on truck fe
Welcome to the site!
You can find so much here to help you. Use the search button to find topics we have previously discussed.
A couple things you can do off the top of my head:
- Change wheels + tires to lighter ones (looks like you have some swampers on)
- Install a bed cover. (For better air flow) --less wind resistance, more mpg
- Take out un-needed objects from the truck (rear seats and plastic pieces)
Simple things to do next trip:
- Avoid braking (when you brake all your previous kinetic energy [forward motion] is lost, thus fuel economy suffers)
- Take un-needed items out of your truck (every pound out helps)
- Drive slower! (less wind resistance)
- Avoid multiple cold starts (combine trips) Multiple cold starts are not only harmful to your engine, it is a fuel economy killer.
GasSaver: 2000 Honda Insight Silverstone
Track Terror: 2002 Honda S2000 Gran Prix White- lots of mods - 28mpg
Beater: 1988 Honda Civic DX Hatback - Stripped - 30mpg
RIP: 1996 Honda Civic LX 42mpg - you will be missed