Hey, I'm new. - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 08-08-2009, 03:59 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hey, I'm new.

Ello everyone, my name is Jared and I'm from Cookeville Tn. I just bought a 1992 Taurus wagon and I'm looking to make it a more effiecent vehicle (I know it's a boat). My wife and I also have an 03 Sentra that gets good mileage already, but I guess getting better would never hurt.

From what I've seen already I think I'll be undoing the cool air intake I made for the Taurus this morning, good thing it only cost $7 to do. Any hoo, I'll take any advice on the Taurus anyone has to offer.

See you around, Jared

jstange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 04:45 PM   #2
Registered Member

The 201 tips sticky is a good start. Welcome to the site!

Main Entry: co de pen dence - see codependency
co de pen den cy
Pronunciation: \kō-di-ˈpen-dən(t)-sē\
Function: noun
Date: 1979

: a psychological condition or a relationship in which a person is controlled or manipulated by another who is affected with a pathological condition (as an addiction to alcohol or heroin) ; broadly : dependence on the needs of or control by another
GasSavers_maximilian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 05:28 AM   #3
Registered Member

Send a message via ICQ to theholycow Send a message via AIM to theholycow Send a message via MSN to theholycow Send a message via Yahoo to theholycow
Welcome! Your cool air intake need only be turned around to pull air from inside the engine bay, then it's a warm air intake, which helps on many cars.

I recommend first getting a baseline in the stock configuration, since you're new to the car. Enter your car in The Garage, then enter all your fuel economy information in the gaslog. For greater accuracy I recommend not topping off when you fill (just let the pump click off), and try to fill on the same side of the same pump; this helps keep your data accurate so you can know if something you've tried has worked.
Old 08-09-2009, 06:23 AM   #4
Registered Member

Quote:
Your cool air intake need only be turned around to pull air from inside the engine bay, then it's a warm air intake,
I tried that last night with a little bit of a frightening result, I don't know if the maf sensor didn't like it or what but it wasn't fun.
jstange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 06:57 AM   #5
Registered Member

welcome!

hopefully the advice here will yield improvement for your vehicles. best of luck!
bowtieguy is offline   Reply With Quote