Hi. - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 07-27-2011, 11:16 AM   #1
Registered Member

Hi.

Hey, everyone. I just bought a 1993 Honda Civic VX and it's getting ready to roll 200k. My mileage is only in the mid-40's and I know it can be better. I commute 45 miles one way, which is why I bought this car. It's not pretty, but I don't care; driving my 1993 Taurus SHO was taking food off my table. Anyway, I know the car is throwing a check engine light and I have a few other issues, but I just wanted to drop a line and say Hi. BTW, the O2 sensor on this thing is $pendy!!!!!

My main car over the last ten years has been the Ford Taurus SHO, and even though it doesn't get the best mileage it's still a favorite of mine. I have a 91+ that is well built and fast, but it's just a toy.

Cheers.

Chris K.

pitaSHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 03:05 PM   #2
Registered Member

Send a message via ICQ to theholycow Send a message via AIM to theholycow Send a message via MSN to theholycow Send a message via Yahoo to theholycow
Re: Hi.

Welcome! Have you checked the codes for that CEL?

There are a variety of sources for VX O2 sensors, of varying prices and varying reviews. I have a link in my sig about some inexpensive ones but they may be questionable. A recent thread (you may have to do some searching) discussed some options that may be better.

Old 09-12-2011, 07:37 AM   #3
Registered Member

Re: Hi.

Thanks. I know how these forums work and will be poking around to find the info I need. I just really want to be at that 50+mpg. I've done lots of mechanical work to add power, so "modifying" a car to be more fuel efficient is kinda new. Thanks again.

Chris K.
pitaSHO is offline   Reply With Quote