Hi from Black Hills - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 03-26-2016, 04:54 AM   #1
Registered Member

Hi from Black Hills

I forget if I ever introduced myself? Don't think so?
I recently bought a two year old 2014 Corolla LE.
I do a pretty good estimate of half city, half highway.
I'm so glad I just got 33.4mpg. Been driving mellow. Also coasting to stops in gear (automatic). I don't want to obsess over hypermilling. Do want to practice driving on the mileage side.
Mellow driving. I drive a big truck all day long. I wanted to get a 'boat' for a car. After bouncing in that truck all day I need it. Well... my Corolla is rated by far as the nicest riding in it's class. I have to agree. It's really nice to drive. Like driving a larger car. Good to concentrate on mileage. I enjoy driving this way.

14Corolla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 08:13 AM   #2
Registered Member

Welcome to Fuelly, I'm sure your mileage will be bettered once you've learned the habits of your car

Please subscribe to my YouTube channel
Draigflag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 01:08 PM   #3
Registered Member

I'm noticing that. Second day on a new tank. I'm already pushing higher than my best so far.
I'm learnin' !
Thanks....
Old 03-26-2016, 03:20 PM   #4
Registered Member

Every car is different, different gear ratio's, revs, acceleration, aerodynamics etc etc. Sometimes cruising faster can save fuel, other times it can use more fuel. After a while you'll just pick up on these little things and you'll learn what works best.

Old 03-27-2016, 06:49 AM   #5
Registered Member

Just a side note. Giving a link to a page where I'm documenting the polishing of my 'new' car. It's two years old. It was a lease vehicle. I don't think anyone ever put any polish or wax on it. It shows.
So if you're interested?...
2014 Corolla LE Makeover.... by novice

BTW: I have avoided black cars because they're a pain to keep beautiful. They can look the best though. On this car, I didn't have much choice. But do find I like the black better. It's because that huge front grill blends in with the rest of the car. Otherwise these things look like some creature going down the road. With it's mouth open. To eat little creatures, like children. hehe.... Mine don't look like that.
Old 03-28-2016, 01:05 AM   #6
Registered Member

I like detailing cars myself, I did mine just last week, a full post Winter cleanse including a clay bar to remove all the contaminants etc. I can't see your pictures, it asks to log in etc. You can attach them here if you wish.

Old 03-28-2016, 02:49 AM   #7
Registered Member

I didn't think about their logging in rules....Doh!
Ok... here's the before pics. If you read through. I haven't gotten a chance to do the compound polishing yet. That's due to weather.

Old 03-28-2016, 03:05 AM   #8
Registered Member

Draigflag.... I saw a post of your's where you didn't want to comment on politics in the US. I understand the idiots, lashing out. They're awful. Full of contempt, conflict, destruction. They don't even think. No more brain than a parrot. They're creating their own destruction.
Basically... this is an extremely good time to get some religion. We're watching the fulfillment of the book of revelation.
I can't believe the destruction Europe is inviting on itself. A crying shame.
Trump wouldn't be running for president if Obama weren't trying to destroy business in this country. Trump would have better things to do.
Hillary should be in prison. She may very well be "the *****'.
Obama could be the 'anti christ'. ? I can't believe this country actually re-elected him to a second term.
A whole lot of people here don't like what is going on. Call them the silent majority.
Expect to see a whole lot more trouble out of the liberals. As they try to manipulate us.
Either way.... We're headed into the worst time of trouble the world has ever seen. Prepare...
Old 03-28-2016, 07:12 AM   #9
Registered Member

Oh yea you got some nasty paint swirls to buff out there, like you say, black is the worse colour to show them, but gives a great shine when buffed up.

I don't like to get too political on here, it's not the place and despite the fact that I am open minded and respectful of others opinions, other people have no respect for my opinions and instantly make personal remarks. I respect you for bringing it up though, thank you.