Hi from South Georgia - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 08-16-2008, 05:06 AM   #1
Registered Member

Hi from South Georgia

My name is Stacey. I just got a couple of weeks ago a Toyota Yaris after losing my other vehicle(Ford Taurus) to a deer. I love the little car and have been pleased with the mpg I have gotten already out of it but I have heard of people getting more and I want to try it. My best tank so far has been 37mpg. My short term goal is 40mpg. The biggest change in my driving habits has been my reduction in speed. about 90% of my driving is on the interstate. I drive 50mile to work each day. My car is a 2007 Toyota Yaris with a manual transmission. The only addition is my new ScangaugeII. I just got it yesterday and am looking forward to using it.
Stacey

staceys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 02:00 PM   #2
Registered Member

If most of your driving is on the interstate, then modding to reduce aerodynamic drag is the way to go and will allow you to get good gas mileage without having to slow down as much as when driving a "normal" Cd car. Also if you aero mod the front of your car with a rounded front nose, you can send the next deer you hit up and over the top of your car. The last deer I hit (at 45mph) was thrown straight up and over the top of my car by the cowcatcher-like shape of the front of my car. Total cost of the damage from the collision, $35 for a cracked headlight cover.

Old 08-20-2008, 11:26 AM   #3
Registered Member

Welcome to the site. I'm in South Ga also in McDonough so I'm on 75 all the time. its hard to drive normal on that hwy when everyone is doing at least 70mph.
smccall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 12:59 PM   #4
|V3|2D

Send a message via AIM to thisisntjared
my wife and i rented a yaris when we went to vegas and with the auto transmission we averaged 42-43mpg. your goal of 40+ with the manual is totally attainable once you break the car in.

the first 2-3 tanks are always low when breaking a new motor in.

anyway welcome to the site!