Thanks and great to hear from you Pale M do you have a link of mods you did to your car? I just bought my scangauge and can't wait to use it. Coming at a good time cause gas prices are getting higher than my mpgs.
My mods are fairly mild:
- Semi-smooth hubcaps, similar to some OEM
- Grille block - plexi upper, foam mat lower. Top for aerodynamics, both for faster warmup. I remove part of the lower in warm weather.
- Higher tire pressure for easier rolling
- Mobil1 5w20 oil, lighter than the spec 5w30 and synthetic for less friction and longer change intervals.
- Scangauge. This is the biggest thing. Let it teach you how to drive better. Especially watch the Trip Average gauge and keep that number going up.
lighter weight wheels are good for city driving but if you're driving 35 and above the main issue is drag and air flow. Check out the white 4 door civic that averages 70 mpgs with slight mods I don't know how it's possible but her gas history proves she's doing it.
where is the link to this build, would like to look at it.
Thanks Beef. RIght now I want to swap my Cx engine for a Hx engine. I was wondering how come Honda didn't put the lean engine on the ek generation cars for the hatchback. Does anyone know if this has been done before would be a nice project cause my current engine has over 200k miles but it's still running great cause the previous owner took good care of the engine. any links on the engine swap will be helpful and links on finding this engine for sale also.
Nice buy and already getting some great mileage. I had a 96 civic DX for 3 months, but ended up getting rid of it. It felt uncontrollable during WI snow days. The back end kept wanting to swing out. But, it was not setup to save gas. That's what my 07 fit is for. Keep up the good work and keep us updated on any new mods.