New blue Yaris - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 08-24-2010, 07:28 PM   #1
Registered Member

New blue Yaris

I got a Yaris last Thursday. First fill up I got 30.56mpg in mixed driving, decent. 2nd fill up got 34.75mpg, which is good especially for more mixed driving and "testing the car out."
I still need to inflate the tires and I don't want to use the cruise control until after I break it in. I don't do things like accelerate when a red light is in front of me, but I also purposely varied my RPM when on highways/interstates to break in the car.
It seems like with even just a little bit of extra effort you can get some serious efficiency in this car. Nice.

PhotoDu.de is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 07:39 PM   #2
Registered Member

Re: New blue Yaris

I looked into one of the 5 door hatches just before they came out. you could see them on the web site but even the dealers couldn't get me one. wanted all my info so they could give me a call when they knew more....that didn't happen.

hope to see you do well with it. the blue isn't too bad either.

if you don't mind me asking, what did you give for that car? (and I don't mind if you do mind)

GasSavers_BEEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 08:13 PM   #3
Registered Member

With taxes and fees: $16,656.64 with 0% apr and free maintenance for 20k/2 years. Power package, cruise, and floor matsWith taxes and fees: $16,656.64 with 0% apr and free maintenance for 20k/2 years. Power package, cruise, and floor mats .
Old 08-24-2010, 08:15 PM   #4
Registered Member

With taxes and fees: $16,656.64 with 0% apr and free maintenance for 20k/2 years. Power package, cruise, and floor mats .
Old 08-24-2010, 09:40 PM   #5
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoDu.de View Post
I got a Yaris last Thursday. First fill up I got 30.56mpg in mixed driving, decent. 2nd fill up got 34.75mpg, which is good especially for more mixed driving and "testing the car out."
I still need to inflate the tires and I don't want to use the cruise control until after I break it in. I don't do things like accelerate when a red light is in front of me, but I also purposely varied my RPM when on highways/interstates to break in the car.
It seems like with even just a little bit of extra effort you can get some serious efficiency in this car. Nice.
Sounds like you know exactly what you're doing.. It's unfortunate though that you got the automatic yaris and not the manual.
imzjustplayin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 03:02 AM   #6
Registered Member

that actually isn't that bad of a deal.

I don't think the 5 door hatches were available in a stick shift. I think they were geared towards a certain market and even the base model had the auto trans. it has been close to 2 years since I was looking at them so that may have changed.

I strongly encourage a scangauge as they are handy little things. does your yaris have an MPG meter from the factory?

Old 08-25-2010, 08:19 AM   #7
Registered Member

I didn't get a stick because I really don't know how to drive one. In high school (going on 6 years ago now) my friend kind of taught me how to drive stick in his Jeep Cherokee but I never got that good. It would have been a very annoying test drive.
I'm going to get a scangauge at some point soon. Is there any other OBDII tools that work in a similar way?
Old 08-25-2010, 08:33 AM   #8
Registered Member

Send a message via ICQ to theholycow Send a message via AIM to theholycow Send a message via MSN to theholycow Send a message via Yahoo to theholycow

See http://www.gassavers.org/showthread.php?t=12565 for a competitor to the ScanGauge that seems like it might be very good, at a fraction of the price.
Old 08-25-2010, 09:39 AM   #9
Registered Member

that is a new device to me but it looks very promising. if I didn't already have a scangauge, it would be a consideration. especially from a cost consious prespective

Old 08-25-2010, 10:28 AM   #10
Registered Member

Is there a good bluetooth obdii connector and Android application?