New guy from central illinois - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuelly Community Support > Introduce Yourself - New member Welcome
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 02-27-2013, 09:57 AM   #1
Registered Member

New guy from central illinois

Hello everybody. Looks like an interesting forum. I'm probably coming at this from a slightly different angle than many of you.

I'm in the hot rod business, love fossil fuel, enjoy driving fast, don't believe in climate change, and don't care much for modern fuel efficient vehicles. However, I'm an open minded live and let live sort of guy.

My current fleet of vehicles consists of a 2006 Hemi Durango, a 1976 F150, and a 1969 Dodge station wagon, the best of whch gets 16mpg.

I recently got a bug to try and locate an old ride that I could squeeze some economy from while still maintaining some of the old car character I enjoy. Thus I was led to purchase a cherry 1975 slant six dart just like grandma used to drive. She got a sweet 19.37mpg on the 80 mile drive home and I'm hoping to push her into the 25mpg range.

So here's to making new friends, learning new things and going just a little bit towards the green side of the fence.

Talk to you soon,
Greg

bbody69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 11:33 AM   #2
Registered Member

Send a message via ICQ to theholycow Send a message via AIM to theholycow Send a message via MSN to theholycow Send a message via Yahoo to theholycow

Your goal doesn't sound unrealistic. My daily driver is a 1980 Buick Lesabre 4.1 V6 with a 5 speed manual transmission and 25mpg (40% highway, 60% town/country roads) is easy for me, although lately I've been down in the low 20's due to a number of factors...

Old 02-27-2013, 03:55 PM   #3
Registered Member

Sounds like a fun project!
IndyFetch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 10:41 AM   #4
Registered Member

Hey Bbody69 .. your goal should be easy .. i have a 83 Dodge light duty 1/2 ton 225ci leaning tower-of-power 4-speed overdrive (lean burn) i am now in the prosses of getting it road ready..
have been doing a lot of reading about hho. geet and biofuel... lol this should be a fun toy to experiment with... Very Basic with Loads of room under the hood, at this point i am not sure if i will keep the primitive lean burn computer or toss it ..lol i am thinking it could be a very easy system to tweek for HHO

Anyway.. Have Fun and Please keep us updated on your modifications and results
225fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 03:46 PM   #5
Registered Member

Slant 6 rocks. Can't kill em
Rusty94cx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 07:58 PM   #6
Registered Member

bbody69, or Greg, whichever you prefer to be called .... I would love to see a picture or two of this car you've picked up. How about starting a garage, posting a couple of pics and then posting your mileage. You can keep track of your progress. And ... Welcome to the board!

VX_Arky is offline   Reply With Quote