New guy with new truck hopes - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuelly Community Support > Introduce Yourself - New member Welcome
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 05-26-2015, 06:37 AM   #1
Registered Member

New guy with new truck hopes

Hello Everyone,

Bigjim here. Joined the site because it looks like there's some good info to be had here on truck and car comparisons. Both my wifes car and my truck are getting close to being replaced. We are looking at small SUV's for Cindy, and have pretty much nailed it down to the Subaru Forester. As far as trucks go i'm having a bit of trouble deciding between gas and diesel. I don't do a lot of heavy towing but don't want to be limited if I ever have to. I use the truck as a daily driver mainly and like probably everyone else would like the best fuel economy possible. Where's the best place to look on this sight for truck comparisons? Thanks all and have a good day. Jim

bigjim007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 08:19 AM   #2
Registered Member

Hi Jim, welcome to Fuelly. If you click the "research vehicles" link at the top right, you'll be given a list of every vehicle listed on fuelly. If you have a certain truck in mind, simply find it on fuelly, then you can filter the results for various engines etc. You should get a good idea of the gas/diesel comparisons. I would choose diesel whenever economy is concerned, however I hear diesel is up to double the price of gas, so it may not make as much economic sense on your side of the pond

Please subscribe to my YouTube channel
Draigflag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 12:35 PM   #3
Site Team / Moderator

Arrow

I would strongly recommend the new Dodge 1/2 ton Turbo Diesel if it is in your price range. That thing gets insanely good mileage, and if you learn to drive it right, you can do even better.

Jay2TheRescue is offline   Reply With Quote