New here, got here from google images actually lol - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuelly Community Support > Introduce Yourself - New member Welcome
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 03-01-2006, 03:00 PM   #11
*shrug*

If the nissan says 87, put

If the nissan says 87, put 87 in.

Also, it sounds like your engine is just a dud.

Sell me the eg!

SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 03:04 PM   #12
Registered Member

Re: Yeah, I know.. but this is

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danno
(hour drive) going 60-70 mph, keeping the RPM's low...
I set the cruise for 57 and get phenomenal mileage compared to 65+. I know, it takes a lot of self-control, but if you can do that, I can almost guarantee an improvement (the wall of air over 60 mph takes more energy to move, as does 70, which is exponentially greater).

Quote:
also I use 87 octane. Can that be affecting it greatly? And is the difference that significant that I should switch?
If you're car only needs 87 octane, then anything more is throwing money away -- it won't do a thing. Now, if you install a Hot Air Intake (HAI or WAI), then going up some octane points may prevent knock and detonation -- otherwise 87 is fine.

Quote:
Still doesn't explain why my car is sooo slow compared to my buddy's xe with same engine and tranny...
Does your GXE have more extras (meaning power windows, etc.) vs. the XE? There may be a weight difference...

RH77

Old 03-01-2006, 03:04 PM   #13
Driving on E

Re: Yeah, I know.. but this is

Quote:
Still doesn't explain why my car is sooo slow compared to my buddy's xe with same engine and tranny...
If this is true, you might have an actual problem here. Considering how long the car probably sat without being driven you could have something clogging your exhaust, cat, etc.
Matt Timion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 10:50 AM   #14
Registered Member

Re: If the nissan says 87, put

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVOboy
If the nissan says 87, put 87 in.

Also, it sounds like your engine is just a dud.

Sell me the eg!
I'll read the book today.
I hope its not a dud
How much you offerin :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by rh77
Quote:
(hour drive) going 60-70 mph, keeping the RPM's low...
I set the cruise for 57 and get phenomenal mileage compared to 65+. I know, it takes a lot of self-control, but if you can do that, I can almost guarantee an improvement (the wall of air over 60 mph takes more energy to move, as does 70, which is exponentially greater).

Quote:
also I use 87 octane. Can that be affecting it greatly? And is the difference that significant that I should switch?
If you're car only needs 87 octane, then anything more is throwing money away -- it won't do a thing. Now, if you install a Hot Air Intake (HAI or WAI), then going up some octane points may prevent knock and detonation -- otherwise 87 is fine.

Quote:
Does your GXE have more extras (meaning power windows, etc.) vs. the XE? There may be a weight difference...

RH77
57... thats usually what I am down the highway (55 mph speed limit). Going down that highway was once or twice though...

I have mostly the same options minus the power windows. Can't think of anything else he has that I don't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Timion
Quote:
If this is true, you might have an actual problem here. Considering how long the car probably sat without being driven you could have something clogging your exhaust, cat, etc.
Yeah... I was thinking that. I was thinking of putting a 2.25" exhaust on it, new cat and header...
GasSavers_Danno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 01:32 PM   #15
*shrug*

Well, pictures of the thing?

Well, pictures of the thing? Is it completely complete also? Running quality and ****?

SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote