New Members: Welcome Thread - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuelly Community Support > Introduce Yourself - New member Welcome
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 03-24-2008, 08:27 PM   #11
Registered Member

Thumbs up Camry Hybrid 2008 Owner

I just bought a 2008 Camry Hybrid. I believe it has a 2.4 4 cyl engine and is expected to get 33/34 city hywy mpg
I already drive slower ad less aggressively. I ease up the speed on down hills and not on uphills, coast to lights and kick it in neutral on downhills if traffic allows. I even "float the stop signs to keep the kinetic energy going. I am on my 1st tank. I was wondering about bumping my tire psi above the max some to see what that might do. I haven't looked at the tires yet, but if hey say 36 psi like most, how far should I go up?

I just want to max out my mpg without getting too radical. By that I mean I don't want to alter the brand new car's look with skirts or something like that or void my warranty in such a way that the dealer can easily tell. I don't mind breaking the rules and even the law a bit though.

Dave

Juggler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 05:13 AM   #12
Registered Member

Wink Honda-oriented New Member

Hello,

It is great to find a site of like-minded gas savers who drive the way I do! The creativity of many of the members is quite impressive and I look forward to learning a lot.

I've always been fond of simple cars and trucks, and love vehicles with high utility per gallon burned. I used to be an SCCA racer and autocrosser so handling and speed are of interest, however with age, the handling takes precedence over the speed.

Though I collect little minimalist European cars (Fiats, Renaults, etc.) I have admired Honda automobiles for their fine engineering and super efficient design. Recently, with a partner, I started Civic Duty, LLC (www.civicdutyparts.com) to sell New Old Stock and salvage Honda parts for our favorite Hondas - mostly 80s models. We are still building inventory but have lots of stuff for 3rd and 4th generation Honda Civics and all CRXs.

Vehicles

My daily driver is a 1998 Honda Odyssey minivan with almost 200K on it. This vehicle had an EPA highway rating of 24 and I regularly get 28 out of it. In fact, we've never gotten as low as 24 under any circumstances! My wife has the exact same vehicle too, but for some reason her (more pristine Odyssey) gets 1 mpg better than mine.

We also have a 1992 Honda Accord EX Coupe that gets 33 mpg, even with 176K on it.

Finally, I have an '87 CRX Si that will be our super-mileage getter.

Goals

My aim is to get 45 mpg out of the CRX. It is still undergoing a few preliminary repairs before hitting the road.

Another goal is to reach 29 mpg with 7 people aboard my wife's Odyssey (we've done 27.5 so far).

OK, that's enough - look forward to returning to this site on a regular basis.

hondacivicman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 06:53 AM   #13
Registered Member

HEY YOUINS!
Tomato man here. Just joined up. I achieved 33.15 mpg in my Nissan Maxima. thats a 27% increase for me. Auto trans. 112 000 miles on her. Thats a 3.0 liter 6 cylinder. My additive recipe and procedure is in the garage section. Coastinfg on large hills where possible, and rpms kept under 2000. Anyone know a good place to buy Zylene?
Ed
tomatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 02:41 PM   #14
Registered Member

possible VX for sale

I was curious to find out what the current value of a 95 VX in excellent condition W/AC &130K miles. It also has new cd & amp & speakers, no dents or rust 1 yr old paint & a compressed air system that operates the semi horn which is tied into the viper alarm, new free flow SST muffler,K&N air filter & a lockable 3/16 alum plate over the spare tire compartment for better cargo carrying ability
machworx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 10:57 AM   #15
Registered Member

Cool Jeep Wrangler looking to improve 18 mpg.

Any Idea's would be greatly appriciated.
christianman27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 01:35 PM   #16
Registered Member

GEO Metro gas sippers

Hi Folks,
I live in upper Wisconsin. I own several Metros in various stages of repair with one running. Looking for knowledge on getting the best MPG.
ahutson98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 11:12 AM   #17
Registered Member

I'm a brand new member

I have a 2001 Jeep GrndCher with the 4.7, a 1997 F350 with the 7.3 diesel and a diesel pusher MH with a 330 Cummins and a 6 spd Allison.

The Jeep gets 17 MPG, the Ford gets 14 MPG and the MH gets 7.5 MPG. What mechanical things are available to improve milage in these vehicles?

Thanks (and if I'm in the wrong forum, please direct me to the right one)
Alaska Trapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 12:56 PM   #18
Registered Member

Dakota woes

I have a 99 Dakota with a 3.9V6 and it is a hog on gas. Oh it is a 4x4 as well. In the winter my FE tanked to around 12 and not running the 4x4. When I do that is goes to about 10. In the summer it stays around 15. I love this truck and I do not want to get rid of it. It is paid for and just turned 110000 miles. It is a nice truck. I am looking to squeek more mileage out of it. The nice thing about this is that I have a company car so I don't drive the truck much because of Gas$$$. I would like to drive it more but it just sits so anything I do to it I have a backup car to help me out. Where do you start around here? I am looking for something that I can install or modify on the truck. My boss and some of his friends are making Biodiesel for there diesel trucks but after watching them it looks like a pain. Anybody got a starting point that could help.

Thanks

dakota4x4
dakota4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 01:12 PM   #19
Registered Member

Intro

I was ready to join as soon as I read through some of the forums with the good tips then after reading the faithbased snake oil thread, I had to join immediately to put in my $.02. If nothing else, she gained you one more member. I made my first post there, then came to intro myself.

I have a 2000 Olds Alero with a 3.4L, auto tranny and a Ford Windstar, 3.8L, auto tranny.

I have been trying to adjust my driving habits but compared to my soon to be old habits, this takes the patience of Job, especially in Austin, TX.
steve_o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 08:18 PM   #20
Registered Member

Hello Everyone

Very interesting site, informative. I have 2 94 Acura Integra's and I may be picking up a 91 Accord soon. I've been tuning Honda's for racing for about 8 years now and I am interested in learning more about fuel economy.

docVTEC is offline   Reply With Quote