New old member - UK Mitsi Colt - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuelly Community Support > Introduce Yourself - New member Welcome
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 06-06-2019, 10:57 PM   #1
Registered Member

New old member - UK Mitsi Colt

Been on the app over two years recording my car. 63.3mpg UK over 26274 miles in 26 months for my Mitsubishi Colt 1.5d 6spd auto/clutchless manual 3 pot. Best tank full was 71.8mpg, It runs 66-69mpg in the relatively warmer/drier months and high 50s in the colder/wetter months. Mixture of inefficiency engine/cold block and wind/tyre resistance on wet roads in winter months I think. 30 mile each way daily commute mix of stop start traffic 25% and open roads 75%, 1 hour journey each way.
Ran a Citroen C Zero and Nissan Leaf before this so quite aware of techniques to increase mpg (range in EVs).
Cheers.

BeefyJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 11:05 PM   #2
Registered Member

Welcome to the forums. What made you go back to the Dino juice after two EV's? Most people say they'll never go back to ICE after running an EV.

Please subscribe to my YouTube channel
Draigflag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 02:15 PM   #3
Registered Member

Cheers. Cost. Had two amazing lease / pcp deals but when the last one went back there was nothing to replace it. The C-Zero was £150/month over 3 years, the Leaf Tekna was £200/month (both fully factored for deposits). Can’t see anything less than £300/month now, if not more. Doesn’t make sense to me when I can buy a used diesel for less than £2k with low maintenance costs and diesel at £130/month. Electric would cost me £0.15/kWh at approx 18kwh a day, so £2.70/day or approx £55/month. So I make £75/month on fuel by going EV but at £300/month for a lease that gives me £225/month vehicle costs. Even allowing for the new car / low maintenance premium I’m far away from where I need to be. Give me a £150/month car cost again and then take away the £75/month fuel saving and I’m back on EVs.
For interest my GFV on my Leaf was over £13500 when I gave it back, when used values were £10500 max......that same car now two years later is still worth £10500. Used prices are so much stronger. Think it’ll take another 2 years to level out.
Really enjoyed EV, but can’t afford it to be a luxury or environmental decision, it has to pay its way for me currently.
BeefyJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 12:07 AM   #4
Registered Member

That makes sense, most of your average EV'S are still too expensive to be a contender against petrol/diesel. But there are some good deals out there, plenty of new ICE cars to be had for just £99 a month, although they usually include a big deposit and/or balloon payment at then end.

Please subscribe to my YouTube channel
Draigflag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 01:06 AM   #5
Registered Member

Buying any cheap used car makes sense in my book as irrespective of fuel cost it still works out cheaper than a lease.
I had an old car that cost me £150 and my apprentice had a new XR2 (a number of years ago now). He said I should get a new car, I asked "Why?". He said mine could die any day. My answer was, if it did I'd buy another one, and I would still be better off than the £200/month he was paying for his.
Old 11-19-2020, 04:53 AM   #6
Out of Fuel

Quote:
"Buying any cheap used car makes sense in my book as irrespective of fuel cost it still works out cheaper than a lease."
Now, that's a fact!

EddWick is offline   Reply With Quote