New Ride - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 10-21-2007, 07:06 AM   #1
Registered Member

Cool New Ride

Hola!
I'm a Gringo living in the Republic of Panama and enjoying life to the max. I am driving a 2004 Land Cruiser (diesel 4 cylinder) which does pretty good on fuel consumption considering it is a big car. I am selling it because it is too big for my wife to drive. I am looking at a 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer 4 cyl. and I would like to know how to get the best fuel economy. This car is new and bigger for this year and has all the goodies on it. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks and God Bless.
Butch Miller

cartuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 07:08 AM   #2
*shrug*

Hey there, welcome to the site.

Congrats on the car upgrade, why MITSUBISHI?

SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 11:18 AM   #3
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to 1993CivicVX
Why not a Prius? hehe. Or better yet, a manny civic Hybrid? Those Civics sure are sylin'!

I was gonna post a pic of a civic, but I found a much more interesting article!

Lots of highlights in it including "all 13,000 NYC taxis to be hybrids by 2012" all NYC taxis to average 30mpg by 2009!! Seems to good to be true!

Lots of other juicy tidbits in there including Toyota to sell ONLY hybrid vehicles by 2020 and half their sales to be hybrids in just a little over two years time!

Lotsa good stuff in that there link so check it out!

I'm gonna repost this in the article section.

Umm.. welcome to the site! So, yeah, get a fuel sipper.. Priuses are pretty roomy. Civic Hybrids are pretty fun to drive from what I've heard. At least give them a test drive before getting the Mitsu. go green. save the planet.
cheers

Car mods are overrated. Just gotta adjust that nut behind the wheel for best mpg.

Forget about World Peace...Visualize using your turn signal.
1993CivicVX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 12:37 PM   #4
|V3|2D

Send a message via AIM to thisisntjared
yea i have to admit , i do not favor mitsubishis either... i would definitely test drive other cars first. the 08 lancer does look good though....
Old 10-21-2007, 04:09 PM   #5
Registered Member

Cool Limited Choice

Since I now live in the Rep. of Panama I am limited to foreign cars only. After looking at and driving all the cars available, I chose the Mit. Lancer with all the goodies because it is the most bang for the buck. It is a 4 cyl. so hopefull it will get good mileage. Gas here is $3.10 to $3.65 a gal. so I need a sipper. Thanks for your respones and ideas, I appreciate them all. If you have any ideas on how I can improve the mileage, please speak up--BE NICE.
cartuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 02:02 PM   #6
|V3|2D

Send a message via AIM to thisisntjared
i just paid $2.899 a gallon to fill up, so you do not really have it that bad. What kind of fuel economy does the lancer get anyway? why not a toyota?