new to the site - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 11-12-2007, 02:35 PM   #1
Registered Member

new to the site

Hello everyone,
I'm new to the site. I plan to do some mods to the 4 cylinder/5 speed 2001+ ranger i'm currently looking to buy (I do construction so I definately need a truck). And then my g/f has an 4 cylinder 2003 tiburon that I plan to do some mods to also (she can't get rid of the car till after she graduates). I'm going to be lurking for awhile trying to figure out what the best bang for the buck modifacations are out there (i'm assuming aero mods are best?). So if you guys have any suggestions on where to start let me know, we run full synthetics, and decent tire pressure already.

ranger387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 02:51 PM   #2
Registered Member

Send a message via MSN to GasSavers_Red
Welcome to the site ranger

Old 11-12-2007, 03:30 PM   #3
Supporting Member

ranger387 -

Welcome to GS! Do you and your g/f like the Tiburon? Since they stopped making the Celica, it seems like the last of the thrifty-ish sports cars. I went here and someone with a stick-shift got over 30 MPG :

Manual (5 speed) / 4 Cylinders / 2 Liters
http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/calcu...umn=1&id=18415
Quote:
MPG Estimates from Drivers Like You
Average based on 1 vehicle : 32.0 MPG
CarloSW2

What's your EPA MPG? https://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/calculatorSelectYear.jsp
cfg83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 03:36 PM   #4
Registered Member

Welcome to the site. Here's a good place to start. The best mod to make is to the driver and it's free. Changing one driving habits is the best bang for the buck. Tell us about you commute and driving style.
zpiloto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 04:20 PM   #5
Supporting Member

Send a message via Yahoo to OdieTurbo
Start up a gaslog too as soon as you get it. It helps you track yourself so you can see your improvements
Old 11-12-2007, 06:17 PM   #6
Registered Member

As for the tiburon... it is an automatic w/o overdrive. It spins at some pretty high speeds on the highway to say the least. The drivers side window regulator or motor just went out, cd player doesn't work, had issue with the starter twice, door locks were crazy for a short time (as in they would lock as soon as you unlocked it haha)... Needless to say the car will definately be gone once she is done with college. her next car will be a more gas friendly vehicle (hopefully). I think the styling of the new ones is pretty nice (I dont like her bumpers very much).

As for the driving habits, we try to keep it cool for the most part. But we live in Orlando FL and both of us do get impatient with traffic/tourists....
I think i'm going to try starting with grill block and start to keep better tabs on our mpg averages... ( i currently have a 1995 2.5L jeep... 31s and 4.5" of lift, i average 19mpg city, can't do highway speeds lol). Soon that jeep will be gone though.

I guess i'll try and start these gas logs with our next fill-ups. i'll continue searching. I plan to do some aero mods once this semester is over and I have a break.

ranger387 is offline   Reply With Quote