NEWB here from Nebraska - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 06-20-2007, 01:07 PM   #1
Registered Member

NEWB here from Nebraska

Greetings from Fremont, NE. I drive a 2001 Toyota ECHO with 149,000 miles. Through hard work I have increased the average on this vehicle to 47.59, with a record high of 54.14 over one week (349.9 miles).

Fuzzy5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 01:18 PM   #2
Registered Member

Welcome to GasSavers.

When you get a chance, you should put the car in the Garage and put in the EPA numbers, for comparison sake.

Those are pretty good numbers, especially for driving that many miles. The only caution I would give you is that when your mileage gets up into the range your at, your tank to tank variations, mostly from gas fill variations, can account for some of your increase. In either case though, those are some great numbers.

I used to live in Fremont, a very long time ago. I think their is at least one other person on Gassavers, from Nebraska.

Glad to have you.

Gary Palmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 01:55 PM   #3
Supporting Member

Welcome to the site!!! its awsome to see anouther hypermiler from nebraska peak in here. do you comute to omaha and where ya hear about this site?
Old 06-20-2007, 07:27 PM   #4
*shrug*

Welcome to the site, those are good numbers!
SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 11:59 AM   #5
Registered Member

Gary,
Thanks for the additional info. The commute from Fremont to Omaha daily is a very ideal commute. Over 1/2 of the trip is on flat 4 lane. With it being a 4 lane, I can let the car 'die off' on the Elkhorn hill without presenting a road hazard. I travel early to work, and don't leave until after the peak rush.

When I finally made the decision to 'go for it', so to speak, I tried different things in steps to measure their value. I first started with slowing down. That moved me from 39-40 up to 45. Next came pumping the tires. I have always run at the max. recommended by the vehicle manufaturer (34), but moved them to the max. on the tire (44). That got me to 46-47. Lastly, I emptied out the car, and waxed everything, even the windshields. I have had 5 of the last 7 weeks at 47.xx, one week of 52.xx and one week of 54.14.

I am careful when I fuel to ensure I get everything in the tank I can get into the tank, that it is level when doing so. I have not had a 'swing' week, which would indicate a filling 'short' one week.

My mileage is very constant, week to week, so am fairly satisfied that I have achieved the max. this vehicle will produce short much more serious mods.
Fuzzy5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 01:08 PM   #6
Supporting Member

yeah i know what your talking about on that elkhorn bridge/hill. i usally can coast from there at 65 down to 55 then back up again.