newbie from Sunderland - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 07-16-2016, 11:36 PM   #1
Registered Member

Question newbie from Sunderland

hi all, I'm George from sunderland & the proud owner of a 2004 Deauville 650 (belle) (cos shes blue) signed up to fuelly today out of interest but have hit a snag...have repeatedly tried different settings for miles/litre but on trying to add fuel-up my page only displays gallons anyone help me with this please...thank you

george22558 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 01:16 PM   #2
Registered Member

Hi!
You'll need a 2nd fill to get an mpg figure i think, count your first fill as zeroing the trip, your next one will have the result.

Old 07-18-2016, 04:53 AM   #3
Registered Member

Newbie 2 lol
hi all thought would introduce myself as well
I have been lurking a while , having originally joined site to check out convos on HHO but as no dealers have replied to my posts seems that's a dead duck lol
Im a full time courier of sorts driving same round every day of approx. 270 miles a day 5 days a week so diesel spend is real important for me like most others here im sure
recently changed from 1.9 2006 Vectra to Fiesta 1.6 econetic diesel manual hatch and have to say im getting used to it now and am seeing some decent fuel savings
I am having a problem entering info onto fuelly tho as mpg seem to be using US gall even tho I have ticked UK on top left of screen I am at present entering diesel as UK galls but would prefer to enter as litres but still have usage as MPG not mpl not sure if its poss maybe some other UK peeps could offer help
cheers
Ray
MukkyPaws1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 06:09 AM   #4
Registered Member

Hi Ray, you need to click edit vehicle and then track fuel usage in litres/UK gallons etc, you'll see it towards the top somewhere.

Please subscribe to my YouTube channel
Draigflag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 07:34 AM   #5
Registered Member

cheers Draigflag
finally mpg matches my own calcs .... shame I preferred the other figures for bragging rights lol

Old 07-18-2016, 09:13 AM   #6
Registered Member

No problem. I'd still be more than happy with over 70 MPG though

Please subscribe to my YouTube channel
Draigflag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 04:58 PM   #7
Registered Member

yeah its going quite well next one tomorrow night looks about 76mpg I reckon so getting better as I learn the car more
Old 07-18-2016, 10:35 PM   #8
Registered Member

Very impressive - I bet you're beating the (usually!) fake economy figures for that car. Has it been modded for economy in any way, chip set box, fuel delivery?
How many stops do you make over your 270 miles?
Old 07-19-2016, 01:13 AM   #9
Registered Member

thx no its a completely stock car no chips no mods at all ...yet lol... I make 20 stops each day and stop start works on most depending on if Im using much battery, its finely balanced it seems eg use fans or ac etc s/s wont kick in to save battery power
yeah im happy with the choice of car I made, I looked at a lot of specs to find one I thought would fit with my needs hard to know how much is "the car" and how much is the driver yet but work in progress lol
ford official fuel figures are 61.4mpg urban ,88.3mpg extra urban, 76.3mpg combined
so looks like im getting about right for car I guess given that all stated figures are in lab conditions its looking good
interesting checked ac cost yesterday was running at 50mph on cruise control on slight down hill showing 85mpg or so (fluctuating of course) clicked ac button and it dropped to 60-65mpg ...not for long that button was soon hit again lol windows opened alls good, most of my driving is with drivers window cracked 3 inches or so
will update on some driving stats a bit later