Switchable power steering idea - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuelly Community Support > Introduce Yourself - New member Welcome
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 03-08-2007, 10:59 AM   #11
Registered Member

Here's a link to a thread elsewhere; pics of a superbly smoothed underbody on a 94 Integra GSR mid-engine RWD H22A4 conversion.

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread...ostid=26561380

Now driving '97 Civic HX; tires ~ 50 psi. '89 Volvo 240 = semi-retired.
brucepick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 04:58 PM   #12
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjts1 View Post
Ah the Peugeot/Renault/Volvo V6. Quite possibly the biggest atrocity inflected by the French on Swedish people. I'm pretty sure the last PRV powered Volvo was unceremoniously crushed a couple of years back, and the world is a better place for it.
I learned something interesting re. that engine. Lousy rep. and all.
It was redesigned for (I think) '88 or '87 as an even-firing engine, they also solved the lubrication problems and whatever else needed fixing. Unfortunately the thing had such a lousy reputation by then that even the good redesign work couldn't save it in the marketplace.

A friend of mine bought an '83 (odd-fire) for his young son this past spring or summer as a first car. Darn thing had only some 80K miles on it, dealer maintained, still owned by the original owner's family. SFAIK the thing is still running. Blasted Nivomat rear shocks need replacement but the price is multi hundreds, so I think the kid will drive it as-is til something major goes wrong with it. So far so good.

Now driving '97 Civic HX; tires ~ 50 psi. '89 Volvo 240 = semi-retired.
brucepick is offline   Reply With Quote