Take Your Foot Off The Gas - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 09-11-2005, 09:03 AM   #11
*shrug*

FS: Chipped P06 ECU and Burner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Osborne
SVOboy, you’ve got a lot of driving ahead of you. How you mold your driving habits now will directly affect how much you spend on fuel, the quantity of tickets you get, and the unfortunate involvement with colliding into other cars. I think the best advice I could give to teenage drivers other than to abide by the speed limit, would be to maintain safe distance from the bumper ahead.

Paul Osborne
Thanks for the advice. I can assure you already that I 100% observe the speed limits, signal properly, and do all that jazz. Sometimes my left signal gets stick and won't turn on easily to I pull over and mess with it until it does. I try to be as safe as I can figure out how to be. Also, I stick to kinda back roads and times when there is not much traffic so I can avoid most of the annoying stuff out there. Thanks for the advice.

SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005, 07:05 AM   #12
*shrug*

Question!

For using authorhouse to self-publish how did it work? Do you just pay them x dollars depending on how you want it to go and then the handle all the printing and blah blah blah? I'm unsure of how the self-publishing stuff works and I'm wondering a bit. I ordered their free guide thing and might give them a call, but if I can figure out the jist of it beforehand it'd be nice.

Old 09-27-2005, 12:45 PM   #13
Registered Member

Books cost money to publish

I paid about $800 for my little paperback book with Authorhouse. Then, I hired a professional artist to do my cover including black & white pictures inside the book - and that wasn't cheap. Authorhouse will help you with a cover if you don’t have one, but that can cost extra depending on how much time is put into it.

Then you submit a final draft and they send you a galley to proofread. This is where it can get tricky. Whatever you give them is what they will print. You have to specify everything. They assume nothing. This process can go back and forth until everything is just right. The first time cost nothing extra but it will cost extra when the galley goes back and forth. They will charge for every bloody word. So, you need to get things right the first time, if possible.

If you decide to do a book with Authorhouse, write me and I’ll give you some more advice. Authorhouse was really good to work with. I have zero complaints.

Sorry it took so long to get back.

Paul O
Paul Osborne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 06:14 PM   #14
*shrug*

No problemo

I'm not a minder of time. I'll prolly get back to you sometime soon, I've got an idea but of course no time to write at the moment cuz of college stuff, but after that's done I'd like to work on something I think. Thanks for the advice.