Two cars / Different puposes - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 04-22-2014, 04:28 AM   #1
Registered Member

Two cars / Different puposes

Hi yawl -

I'm posting two cars at the polar opposite sides of their utility on Fuelly. Both don't get driven much, as I walk and talk public transportation to work.

My 70hp, 4 speed, 1989 Civic hatchback is my high MPG car. For a 25+ year old car, it's in very good condition. Not having air conditioning, I recently PlastiDipped the roof white to keep the cabin cooler AND to give the old girl a Mini Cooper look.

My 142hp, 6 speed, 2001 Miata SE (in classic British Racing Green) is a flat out toy. Isn't tracking the MPG for a sports car an oxymoron? Nonetheless, the Civic hypermiling driving style bleeds over to the Miata. And, despite flooring the gas pedal and running through all six gears at least once per trip, I still post best in class Fuelly MPG stats.

I think of hypermiling as a game. And, because I drive the cars so infrequently, I have to fight my competitive urge to drive the Civic for no other reason than to run the tank empty so I can check my MPG score. I should probably go see a psychiatrist. HELP ME!

Doug
Oakland, CA

ChewChewTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 04:51 AM   #2
Registered Member

Send a message via ICQ to theholycow Send a message via AIM to theholycow Send a message via MSN to theholycow Send a message via Yahoo to theholycow
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChewChewTrain View Post
HELP ME!
It's hopeless, there's no helping you, you're just going to be stuck with not wasting your money on unnecessary fuel usage!