You guys have turned me into a freak - Page 3 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuelly Community Support > Introduce Yourself - New member Welcome
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 04-30-2006, 09:49 AM   #21
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to GasSavers_Ryland
the wiring diagram does not

the wiring diagram does not show a lean burn light for any of the years of the vx, and there is no space that I have found for one in the insterment cluster, it sounds like a good idea tho.

you said that your vx has 290,000 miles, right? mine only has 220,900 and had the same sticker shock with the o2 sensor,I've also found that some of the suspension bushing were wearing out, they only take a few minutes to removed the lower controle arm, $85 for new bushings and those weird fluted hardened bolts, and $40 to have all the bits pressed out, and new pressed in, and the front end is alot more stable, preatty reasonable I figure, I haven't taken it up to highway speeds yet, tuesday I head to work we'll see how much better it handles, but I had those bushing wear out both front and back, just jack up the car, grab the wheel to see if it moves a bit more then it should.

GasSavers_Ryland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 09:07 AM   #22
Registered Member

I'll need to check that. I

I'll need to check that. I have replaced lower control arms on another Civic my wife wrecked last year so I know exactly what you are talking about.
I rarely drive the car over 50 mph now. I drove my wife about 40 miles away last night and she almost went nuts with me driving slow. I coasted, motor off, into a fast food place and didn't quite make it all the way into the parking spot when the car stopped. I said something like "DARN" to myself when I had to start the car and pull the rest of the way in and she just atared at me and said "You're starting to scare me".

You should have seen her when I showed her pics of the fender skirts...She cussed.

fredvx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 11:10 AM   #23
Registered Member

Re: I'll need to check that. I

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredvx
..."You're starting to scare me".
You should have seen her when I showed her pics of the fender skirts...She cussed.
Yeah, I get the same reaction from my wife. "You used to drive 80 everywhere...what happened?" I just reply, "Gassavers". She'll get used to it over time...
Old 05-03-2006, 01:03 PM   #24
Tuggin at the surly bonds

Re: I'll need to check that. I

Quote:
Originally Posted by rh77
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredvx
..."You're starting to scare me".
Yeah, I get the same reaction from my wife. "You used to drive 80 everywhere...what happened?" I just reply, "Gassavers". She'll get used to it over time...
Since I started obsessing about mpg, driving technique, FE mods, etc., my wife even suggested we look into developing aero mods and either selling kits, or publishing a pamphlet (for those who don't frequent the web). 8)
Old 05-03-2006, 03:29 PM   #25
*shrug*

I'm still not even 18, and

I'm still not even 18, and don't have a wife.
SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 03:56 PM   #26
Tuggin at the surly bonds

Re: I'm still not even 18, and

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVOboy
I'm still not even 18, and don't have a wife.
Well then, there's not much point in you persuing aero mods is there? After all satisfaction requires pissing off atleast one person. (kidding)
Old 05-03-2006, 04:07 PM   #27
Driving on E

Re: I'm still not even 18, and

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silveredwings
Well then, there's not much point in you persuing aero mods is there? After all satisfaction requires pissing off atleast one person. (kidding)
LOL!

Matt Timion is offline   Reply With Quote