'09 Yaris 5-door in USA! - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 09-16-2008, 11:05 AM   #1
Registered Member

'09 Yaris 5-door in USA!

I was just about to "Build my own" Yaris again, since I'm still so iffy about buying a new car and guess what I found!!??

The '09 Yaris lineup is offering the 5-door liftback to US consumers! Originally pegged as never coming our way due to being direct competition with the Scion XA (owned by Toyota), it looks like they wised up and decided to give it to us!

Doesn't seem to be offered w/ a 5-speed manual transmission though.

Still pretty cool!

'96 Chevy C1500 (5.0L 5sp)
'08 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Custom
'01 KTM Duke 2
Project84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 11:41 AM   #2
Registered Member

its surprising that it cost more than the 4 door sedan, 1 less mpg on the highway than the sedan. i'm really for it, but i think the average person would get the sedan since theres extra trunk space and cheaper.

civic94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 12:13 PM   #3
|V3|2D

Send a message via AIM to thisisntjared
Quote:
Originally Posted by civic94 View Post
i'm really for it, but i think the average person would get the sedan since theres extra trunk space and cheaper.
thats very strange that there is less trunk space in the liftback. it makes the fit the better candidate for a 5 door. i mean i thought the sedan had just enough room compared to the competing models.
Old 09-16-2008, 12:53 PM   #4
Registered Member

the reason it is more expensive than the sedan is because you can only get it in an auto trans. if you were to put auto trans on the sedan, the prices are probably really close.

I don't know about the trunk space but honda thinks a lot of their fits. they run pretty high with the auto trans. I know, they come with power everything and it is a honda.

GasSavers_BEEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 01:57 PM   #5
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to dkjones96
They discontinued the xA so it makes sense to bring it in now.
Old 09-16-2008, 05:02 PM   #6
Registered Member

I don't follow Scion, but that's news to me! I think the only worth while creation Scion has had is the tC, I only think that because I like it's styling. Japan can keep all the others.
'01 KTM Duke 2
Old 09-17-2008, 06:21 AM   #7
Registered Member

it is a direct competitor for the fit. it was before but you didn't have the same configuration (5-door hatch). I like it a lot. I am considering getting it instead of the smart. I like the smart but I am going to be a dad soon and 3 don't fit.

I am curious about standard features. it doesn't say a lot on the web site about it and you can't configure it yet. all I really care about is A/C which I know it comes with and a radio (not sure if the base price comes with that). other than that, I'm cool. I do want an armrest but I can get one at jcwhitney for 40 bucks so they can keep their 125 dollar option.

I had actually talked about the yaris before to my wife but she didn't like the fact that you had to put the baby seat in the back of a 2-door. with the smart, you can put a baby seat in the front and it automatically cuts off the airbag. also, my wife likes hatchbacks now because of her honda element (oversized, 4wd hatchback). that is the reason that we are focusing on hatchbacks. the 4 door hatch opens up all sorts of new options for us. it could be our family car (small family as it is) and the element can just be the tow vehicle for when we need to go to lowes.

GasSavers_BEEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 08:08 AM   #8
Registered Member

If you build your own Yaris sedan or 2 door hatch on their website, you MUST CHOOSE "option package A" or "option package B". "A" is like a $1,000 option that gives things like a/c, cd, cruise, tilt, "B" is like $1,800 and adds power windows, locks, keyless entry, heavy duty heater, heavy duty starter, etc.

So the base price isn't really the base price because you HAVE TO CHOOSE one of these two options. Standard features would be option A.

I checked locally on rebate offers and they list something for every model besides the Pruis or Yaris.... lame.
'01 KTM Duke 2
Old 09-17-2008, 11:45 AM   #9
|V3|2D

Send a message via AIM to thisisntjared
seems like you have to choose an option as standard... weird.
Old 09-17-2008, 12:37 PM   #10
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project84 View Post
I don't follow Scion, but that's news to me! I think the only worth while creation Scion has had is the tC, I only think that because I like it's styling. Japan can keep all the others.
The tC...cool, but it has a Camry motor and looks like a snub nosed Celica. My 53 year old mother has one. Lol!

The new Yaris should come with a manual!

Z man is offline   Reply With Quote