2006 Dodge Grand Caravan SE - Page 3 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 06-01-2007, 06:21 PM   #21
Stay true to the Game!

I posted in the gas log. I track my vehicle through the program auto wolf. What is a fill error?

popimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 06:30 PM   #22
Stay true to the Game!

I posted in the gas log under Tim's Caravan. I track my vehicle through the program auto wolf. What is a fill error

Old 06-01-2007, 07:22 PM   #23
*shrug*

All pumps fill differently, sometimes you're on different inclines, air bubbles get trapped, la la la. That kind thing.
SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 04:43 AM   #24
Registered Member

The good news is that fill errors all come out in the wash.
Old 06-02-2007, 01:06 PM   #25
Stay true to the Game!

I got a chance to try out the scan gauge 2 on a descent trip today. This is a fun toy. I'm either going to improve my gas mileage, cause an accident or both. What I found out today is that gas is actually pretty cheap. The reason I say this is because the way people are driving would make you think that gas is about 10 cents a galon. N-E wayz I drove about 50 mph on a 70 mph stretch of I-10 in Mississippi 30 miles both ways. People were honking their horns and getting all pissy. These are probably the same people that say why the hell is gas so expensive. I found out that a slight touch on the accelerator will change gas mileage by a good fraction. I also found out that I can do better coasting on my own down hills instead of using cruise control. With cruise on, I got about 40-50 mpg. With it off I was around 65-70 mpg. I'm not sure if this method is better because I would have to accelerate at the end of the slope to regain my 50 mph speed. What's the best way in this situation? I'm not sure why the U.S. hasn't mandated auto manufacturers to install a similar gauge in all vehicles sold. I think people would change their driving habits if direct feed back was available. Can someone explain to me what User Programmagle Commands are? It's on page 4 of the scan gauge 2 manual. Well enough blabbing for now.

Old 06-02-2007, 07:25 PM   #26
Stay true to the Game!

What do you tell the wife when she says she doesn't care about fuel economy only being cool? On our trip today I had to use the AC the whole time because of a *****ing wife. I showed her the numbers on the scan gauge 2 with the AC on and off. She said "I don't care it's too hot." I said, "We have an energy crisis and you don't care?" What is a better comeback?

Old 06-03-2007, 09:58 AM   #27
Stay true to the Game!

I removed my hood rack today. Do you think I'll see any improvement?

Old 06-03-2007, 10:00 AM   #28
*shrug*

Quote:
Originally Posted by popimp View Post
What do you tell the wife when she says she doesn't care about fuel economy only being cool? On our trip today I had to use the AC the whole time because of a *****ing wife. I showed her the numbers on the scan gauge 2 with the AC on and off. She said "I don't care it's too hot." I said, "We have an energy crisis and you don't care?" What is a better comeback?
Aww, don't fight over it. Just try to make it more understandable or real why it's important, rather than just saying "it's important."

The roof rack should give an improvement, who knows if you will notice it, but it'll be there! Good job!
SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 10:06 AM   #29
Registered Member

AC is kinda nice... Just think how much more you'll save by driving 55mph instead of 75mph and use that as a rationale for having the AC on.
omgwtfbyobbq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 11:40 AM   #30
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by popimp View Post
What do you tell the wife when she says she doesn't care about fuel economy only being cool?
"Yes, dear."

Quote:
I showed her the numbers on the scan gauge 2 with the AC on and off. She said "I don't care it's too hot." I said, "We have an energy crisis and you don't care?" What is a better comeback?
You showed her actual data, not some wild claim from the internet and she's making her own tradeoffs. Make sure you point out the guage difference in cash terms (35cents every gallon or whatever) rather than a puny abstract 3mpg. There's some price of gas where that balance will shift for everyone. She's probably also already sick of you playing with your new "toy."

Seriously there's a reason you're not trying to cram kids and everything into a civic. As a father of soon-to-be four kids I definitely appreciate the value of not having to hear "so-and-so is touching me!" etc. etc.

Just start out windows wide open (remember this is "free") and maybe she'll forget about the A/C now and then.

Then forget about passengers, energy crises, who cares and who doesn't. Just let it be you, your foot, and the road.

Every minute you're working on arguments is one less minute working on driving tactics

Quote:
AC is kinda nice... Just think how much more you'll save by driving 55mph instead of 75mph and use that as a rationale for having the AC on.
Yeah, remember the speed curve, if you aren't already optimizing that then even 5mph can "pay" for your A/C.

savoF3 is offline   Reply With Quote