'89 Honda CRX Si Versus HF weight - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 06-17-2008, 10:55 AM   #11
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomO View Post
...Taking in account of the differences in and under the dash between the two models, HF has no clock, usually no A/C (which means no A/C components under the dash,
My HF has both a clock and A/C. I know A/C was an option but I thought all came with clocks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomO View Post
You can swap out the 90-91 doors for the 88 model doors and install pillar mounted seatbelts into a door mounted system (requires welding in one or two nuts per side)
My 91 HF has the door mounted seatbelts but also has all of the holes and nuts installed for pillar mounted, no modification required.

opelgt73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 03:03 AM   #12
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxpowers View Post
What about a 90 hf? I just found one for sale that looks pretty clean inside and out. He wants $500 for it and it includes some nice wheels, stock si engine, and a b18 with tranny. Problem is that I have to drive about 4 1/2 hours to pick it up on friday. How much of a weight difference between an 88 and 90 hf?
1990-1991 HF - 1967 pounds.

StorminMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 04:20 PM   #13
Registered Member

Quote:
What about a 90 hf? I just found one for sale that looks pretty clean inside and out. He wants $500 for it and it includes some nice wheels, stock si engine, and a b18 with tranny. Problem is that I have to drive about 4 1/2 hours to pick it up on friday. How much of a weight difference between an 88 and 90 hf?
curb weight on my registration for my 90 crx hf is 1940lbs

my hf came with ac, i removed it.
my hf did not come with a clock.

90 hf looks better than an 89 (bumper, tail lights, dash)

is the vx engine and transmission that much better than a hf engine and transmission?

i know the seats in an SI weigh a decent amount more than the hf seats, Si seats are so much nicer.
white90crxhf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 10:11 PM   #14
Registered Member

Well I was supposed to pick it up friday, but unfortunately my truck doesn't have a tow hitch to tow it with a dolley from uhaul. I'm probably going to put a down payment and just pick it up next week. I'm just really eager to drop that d15z1 in it. It has the original hf seats, but I just don't like them and will probably end up swapping them with the si seats.
GasSavers_maxpowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 05:46 AM   #15
Registered Member

Quote:
Well I was supposed to pick it up friday, but unfortunately my truck doesn't have a tow hitch to tow it with a dolley from uhaul. I'm probably going to put a down payment and just pick it up next week. I'm just really eager to drop that d15z1 in it. It has the original hf seats, but I just don't like them and will probably end up swapping them with the si seats.
It was kind of funny seeing my Denali tow my HF home when I bought it. One of the worst offenders of FE towing one of the best FE cars of all time. I did however employ hypermiling techniques on the tow home and was able to yield 16.5mpg for the 120 mile trip home on windy hilly roads, which wasn't too shabby.

I need to replace the seats in my HF too. The foam has completely disintegrated in several places and you can feel the metal frame when you sit in it. I would like to find a set of seats that weigh less than the HF's though.

opelgt73 is offline   Reply With Quote