95 Civic lx better FE, Mods or d15z1 swap? - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuel Talk > General Fuel Topics
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 08-11-2009, 07:13 PM   #1
Registered Member

95 Civic lx better FE, Mods or d15z1 swap?

I'm looking at buyin a 95 Civic lx sedan auto... 35-40 mpg is way better than my trucks 14 -17 mpg. But i'd still like to get close to the VX's 50+ mpg... Which would ya'll recommend, mod the engine/tranny or doing a d15z1 engine swap? Also which do ya think would be cheaper? both seem to be about the same cost (to me, the novice, anyway) thanks guys ps- the lx is an auto, i don't know if that matters any...

drum_avenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 03:05 AM   #2
Registered Member

WHY WOULD YOU BUY AN AUTOMATIC WHEN YOU CAN BUY A MANUAL AND THEN DO WHAT YOU WANT? Your first thread made it seem like you already owned the vehicle but now I see that you don't even own it at all. Buy the manual, it will make your life so much easier than taking an automatic and converting it. There are LXs with Manual transmissions....

imzjustplayin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 02:43 PM   #3
Registered Member

around here the only hondas ya find are ricer bastards, but i managed to find a 95 lx auto with less than 170,000 miles. 95% of the time, if its here and a stick, its been ragged out and not worth the trouble... is the mpg that diff from a auto to stick? i always thought it was just a mpg or 2, minimal at most
drum_avenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 03:17 AM   #4
Registered Member

Send a message via ICQ to theholycow Send a message via AIM to theholycow Send a message via MSN to theholycow Send a message via Yahoo to theholycow
The EPA rating, and the mileage for a driver who doesn't care about fuel economy at all, is only a few MPG better for stick. However, if you're interested in saving gas, the manual transmission makes a HUGE difference easily and can use techniques that can't be used with the automatic.