Registered Member

Send a message via MSN to GasSavers_Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peakster View Post
I took my Geo to 84 mph a couple of days ago
You guys can hit 85?

Old 04-15-2007, 08:09 PM   #12
Registered Member

I know that it's a touchy subject, and I can't scientifically test anything, but in my old Honda I've seen a significant increase. I tried removing it a few times, and each time my FE dropped. It seems to make more of a difference in older cars with dirty as **** engines.

repete86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 09:40 AM   #13
Semi-retired OPEC Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by repete86 View Post
I know that it's a touchy subject, and I can't scientifically test anything, but in my old Honda I've seen a significant increase. I tried removing it a few times, and each time my FE dropped. It seems to make more of a difference in older cars with dirty as **** engines.
I may have to try this stuff. I definitly have an older car with bazillion miles on it.....how much have you been adding?

BeeUU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 09:49 AM   #14
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by repete86 View Post
I know that it's a touchy subject, and I can't scientifically test anything, but in my old Honda I've seen a significant increase.
I hope you don't think it's verging on taboo to talk about acetone! I'm all for people trying stuff, even moreso if they try to properly control their tests.

I just wish more people who do try stuff are aware of the folly of drawing conclusions and making authoritative claims without proper methodology.

Obviously you are aware of this: "I can't scientifically test anything". Offering up that disclaimer earns my respect.
MetroMPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 10:21 AM   #15
ELF
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post

Obviously you are aware of this: "I can't scientifically test anything". Offering up that disclaimer earns my respect.

Well, I"ll say I can't prove anything scientifically either, thats why I don't rant and rave about acetone. I have noted a 2 mpg increase after adding acetone many times while running my 20 mile east/west test route. That however is not scientific proof. Just my own conclusions.

I feel most of the stuff on gas savers could be construed as non- scientific but some things are still accepted as if they were.