air dam material - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuel Talk > General Fuel Topics
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 08-23-2008, 03:35 PM   #11
Registered Member

jay,

I could have cut the can in a spiral but there was about 11 inches of area that was clean and consistant in texture. the rest had the logo and other weird squares and what not. I was planning on making it 9 inches long at the sides and 6 inches in the center. that would have given me about 1 inch of clearance on the side. I scraped on my driveway moving my car so I could clean up my mess. I trimmed it back after that.

also, you were talking in another thread about putting the gassavers logo on your car and the site for your truck. I was talking about using static cling letters to put my mileage on my car. I couldn't find any by the way. I did find a little white board and stole "ford man"s idea about using it. here is a pic or at least a link to the pic.

http://www.gassavers.org/garage_imag...v5ahgsdg9f.jpg

I ran out of room to add pics so this one is on my wife's cars page (ellie mae)

thought you'd get a kick out of it.

*edit* just to let you know, the trash can worked really good. the tin snips worked really well. a buddy of mine has right angle tin snips so it goes through really easy. the can was about $15 from target. that might be a better bet than the little can that you were thinking of. just an idea

GasSavers_BEEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 03:41 PM   #12
Site Team / Moderator

I like the idea of posting mileage, but not the idea of constantly changing it. I think I would like to do something like "Best tank: 25 MPG www.GasSavers.org/Garage/TheBeast" This way I'm really proud to change the numbers, and I don't plan on beating my best tanks all that often. My best tank on The Beast is 30 MPG, but its not logged here, and I was never able to duplicate it so I would put the best tank on my gaslog here.

-Jay

Jay2TheRescue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 03:58 PM   #13
Registered Member

yea but there are many people that wouldn't go to the web to find that out. I probably won't be changing mine often but it does give me the option to. also I can show people that you can do WAY better than the EPA. most people don't think much when i tell them my mileage but when I add that the EPA estimated is 25 and I am getting 36+, then they start paying attention.

back to the topic, this is the trash can that I used.

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html...sin=B000GAOCXU

I am sure you can get it other places than target but that is just where I got it from.

*edit* I totally missed this the first time I read it. the gaps around my lights that you see are actually weather stripping from autozone. I have learned that I can't take a good pic of my car. it is actually sealed pretty good. except for the gap from the headlight to the turn signal light. I ran out of weather stripping. I haven't gotten around to taking care of it.

GasSavers_BEEF is offline   Reply With Quote