Another fuel additive - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 03-29-2006, 12:13 PM   #1
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to mtbiker278
Another fuel additive

I was looking through fuel injector cleaners a while back and found a fuel additive that's made by Lucas oil. It's supposed to be a replacement for lead, reduces sulfur content in diesel, lubricates in upper cylinder and fuel system for less friction....blah blah blah. My friends tried it in his old car and said it ran smoother. I'm not sure whether or not it improved MPG, but it's one of the claims. After looking at their website it seems like their products are used in race engines and what not(mostly gear and engine oils). I'm wondering if this stuff has any merit to it/if any one on here has ever tried it.

mtbiker278 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 12:24 PM   #2
XFi
Registered Member

Lucas Upper Cylinder Lubricant

I have consistantly utilized Lucas 'Upper cylinder lubricant'. It is also labeled on the smaller bottle 'Tune up in a bottle'.

It's funny you mentioned this, because I have NOT used it on my past two tanks. I have never run any tests how this (or if it) affects my mileage. But last tank (before I indexed and sidegapped my plugs)...I was noticing alot more 'dieseling' going up hills. I was attributing this to a poor tank of fuel, but it very well may be due to not using the Lucas additive. Have not noticed much of 'dieseling' this tank, but will be adding the Lucas again starting next fill up.

Would like to hear if anyone with a Scan-Gauge have done a test of this additive under controlled conditions.

Join us for the November 22, 2008 Pennsylvania Meet at Cabela's!
https://www.gassavers.org/showthread....634#post121634
XFi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 08:48 PM   #3
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to GasSavers_Ryland
I have a bottle of it, and

I have a bottle of it, and mostly noticed that insted of being a thin fluid, it's thick, their oil additive is thicker yet, like cold honey.
I haven't noticed much chainge in MPG, but then I've been stuck in a rut in that area, but in theory, any time you clean your injectors, or add more lubrication, you are going to increase your efficentcy.
GasSavers_Ryland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 01:10 PM   #4
Registered Member

I have used the lucas fuel

I have used the lucas fuel additive. It does improve mileage slightly. I have had better success with torco gp-7 with mileage, and it is cheaper per use... definitely more bang for the buck.
benhuey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 01:32 PM   #5
XFi
Registered Member

Lucas Upper Cylinder Lubricant

Started to put Lucas in again since posting...NO PINGING!

Old 04-06-2006, 08:26 AM   #6
Registered Member

EthosFR

Has anyone heard of or tried this product? At a 7-19% tested fuel efficiency, it is certainly cost efficient. Apparently, it's been around for 10 years, but mostly in commercial market. Now, it's getting positive press for consumers as well.

I found more information on this website. I know it's a MLM-scheme, but it has good product info and links to check out.

http://ethosfr.homestead.com

Here's the tech-blurb from the site:

Ethos FR is a unique combination of high-quality, non-toxic, specially designed esters that uses only the elements of carbon, hydrogen and oxygen. This patented combination of low molecular weight cleaning esters and high molecular weight lubricating esters, reformulates any fuel whether it's gasoline, diesel, methanol, ethanol, hydrogen, LNG, compressed natural gas or bio-diesel. EPA laboratories tests confirm that Ethos FR is 99.99976% clean upon ignition and ash less upon combustion. Ethos FR is free of carcinogens.
joeessbase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 05:19 PM   #7
Registered Member

Send a message via MSN to n0rt0npr0
We've discussed ethos...

Here.

I'll be testing it personally soon.

Heres some more good substance.
Old 04-07-2006, 05:47 AM   #8
Registered Member

Hydrogen? How do you

Hydrogen? How do you reforulate hydrogen? In gaseous form it's a gas (can't mix with liquid), in liquid form it's so ridiculously cold that any other substance is rock solid. I call BS on the whole thing in light of this claim.
Old 04-18-2006, 10:44 AM   #9
Registered Member

Send a message via MSN to n0rt0npr0
ethos and hydrogen

Quote:
Hydrogen? How do you reforulate hydrogen? In gaseous form it's a gas (can't mix with liquid), in liquid form it's so ridiculously cold that any other substance is rock solid.
I brought this up to the company and they admitted it was an error. They make no mention that Ethos can be ADDED to hydrogen fuel now. They said if there was a vehicle using hydrogen fuel, they would help design a way to vaporise the ethos to be fed into the vehicles air intake system. They said it would help with lubricating the CC as hydrogen is extremely drying CC process
Old 04-18-2006, 04:44 PM   #10
XFi
Registered Member

Ethos

Ordered Ethos when I saw it talked about here. Recieved it and added it to this tank...giving it a try for a few tanks. Getting more skeptical about additives , but still a 'sucker' for possible 'magical potion'....