Anyone here have a Integra GSR? - Page 4 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 05-11-2008, 05:26 PM   #31
|V3|2D

Send a message via AIM to thisisntjared
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dust View Post
I enjoy watching Twin Ring Motegi videos (about 30 minutes away from me), where they compare the cars.
let me know when you start doing. your analysis of all japanese cars is just a generalization about the character of the driver.

its not accurate. ive got some generalizations for you, you must be 17, dont actually race(non drag) legally, and you also probably dont work on cars either. nobody i know that actually does satisfy that criteria hates on honda like you do.

Old 05-11-2008, 07:35 PM   #32
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to GasSavers_Dust
Wow you know me so well. Personal attack on the internet. Wow! Real E-thug. How does “me” invalidate comments about vehicles? When I turn on the TV, I see ads for the new GTR, and the New Fit. The Fit advertises 26 kmpl, and the GTR talks about suspension power, blah blah blah. No real offering in the power department from Honda lately unless you consider the S2K. Would you like to argue this point? I don’t think that commercials tell anything about the driver, but rather the kind of driver the company is trying to attract to the vehicle.
Even though it doesn’t matter, I am older than you, and I have spent many an hour under the hood of all of the cars I have owned. Ford, Ford, Honda, Ford, Honda, Pontiac, Ford, Ford, Mazda, Nissan, Mazda, and Daihatsu. No, I don’t race for money. I just like to drag boot on 1431. I don’t have the urge to compete. IF I wanted to race on Motegi, I guess I could. Would take a lot of licenses though. I don’t hate on the car, just people who sip too much kool-aid. I just tell you what a car is good for. You put a normally powered engine H22 (220 hp) in a light vehicle, and yes you will have a faster car. The fact that neither of the cars can stand as "fast" by themselves tells not of the greatness of Honda. Like the guy who wanted to swap an H22 in his GST. 4 grand for 30 less hp, plus much less easy potential. If you want to compare, look into a Ford Mustang SVO, or a Dodge Colt with a 4g63 swap. Still a 2.something, put with more power, and more potential.

Be nice if the US got the Nissan Pulsar and the Starlet. That would be a nice mix of power and economy. To get it in the US you have to swap big engine into Econoboxes.

GasSavers_Dust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 09:48 PM   #33
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EH3 View Post
for the OP
http://www.gassavers.org/showthread.php?t=7145

how about some performance numbers to support that claim.

you're insane if you think a KZLE swapped mx3 or probe is going to outperform a GSR in "every way". i have seen near stock GSRs run high 14. they are one of the finest handling stock FWD cars made and have a limitless aftermarket.
Yeah, that was a blanket statement without support. It was a moment of passion. My car runs mid 14s, and with complete suspension upgrade, including tuning the all wheel steering, gets about 1G on the skidpad. I can't prove it, though. It's true that the aftermarket for the GSR is HUGE. My only point is: for the money, a ZE MX-3 is a better value, and very unique. For the $$ you'd spend buying a stock GSR, you could build an MX-3 that would run circles around it (if you did the work yourself, like me).
I just got 33 MPG in it by the way.
I don't know, but I think it's a better value than a swapped civic.
I have about $3,000 into my car.
fowljesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 09:50 PM   #34
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three6Eight View Post
I just did somereading on a MX3

Very interesting that the V6 in it is only a 1.8. I was interested in a SVT Contour because of its 2.5 V6. I'm a fan of engines that are unique. Like I said though I dont want another 4 door car since I already have one.

I'll definately do some more research on the MX3.
Let me know if you have any questions
Old 05-11-2008, 10:13 PM   #35
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fowljesse View Post
Yeah, that was a blanket statement without support. It was a moment of passion. My car runs mid 14s, and with complete suspension upgrade, including tuning the all wheel steering, gets about 1G on the skidpad. I can't prove it, though. It's true that the aftermarket for the GSR is HUGE. My only point is: for the money, a ZE MX-3 is a better value, and very unique. For the $$ you'd spend buying a stock GSR, you could build an MX-3 that would run circles around it (if you did the work yourself, like me).
I just got 33 MPG in it by the way.
I don't know, but I think it's a better value than a swapped civic.
I have about $3,000 into my car.
last I checked it was about $3-4K to drop a H22 in a civic/del sol.
Old 05-12-2008, 10:23 AM   #36
Registered Member

Is that the total for the car and engine? If so, that may be better, since you can get aftermarket suspension, etc.. for cheap.

THREE6EIGHT You can buy an MX-3 for $800 or less with a bad motor, and a KLZE engine, ECU, etc.. for about $800- $900, or a KLDE 2.5L (slighly less HP) engine for $200 - $300, and turbo it for 400 WHP. Or you can get one completely finished (with KLZE, and race suspension) for $2500 - $3500 on MX-3.com. Or, you can get a turbo 4 cyl. one for about the same price, and tune it up to more HP than mine.

By the way, these engines are built to last 600,000 miles, and are extremely smooth,. Many guys tried to blow up their 1.8L engines, before doing the swap. They did 100 shot NO2, revved them over 10,000, generally beat them up, but couldn't get them to die. You can find that in the forums, too.
Old 05-12-2008, 10:57 AM   #37
|V3|2D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dust View Post
Wow you know me so well. Personal attack on the internet. Wow! Real E-thug. How does ?me? invalidate comments about vehicles? When I turn on the TV, I see ads for the new GTR, and the New Fit. The Fit advertises 26 kmpl, and the GTR talks about suspension power, blah blah blah. No real offering in the power department from Honda lately unless you consider the S2K. Would you like to argue this point? I don?t think that commercials tell anything about the driver, but rather the kind of driver the company is trying to attract to the vehicle.
Even though it doesn?t matter, I am older than you, and I have spent many an hour under the hood of all of the cars I have owned. Ford, Ford, Honda, Ford, Honda, Pontiac, Ford, Ford, Mazda, Nissan, Mazda, and Daihatsu. No, I don?t race for money. I just like to drag boot on 1431. I don?t have the urge to compete. IF I wanted to race on Motegi, I guess I could. Would take a lot of licenses though. I don?t hate on the car, just people who sip too much kool-aid. I just tell you what a car is good for. You put a normally powered engine H22 (220 hp) in a light vehicle, and yes you will have a faster car. The fact that neither of the cars can stand as "fast" by themselves tells not of the greatness of Honda. Like the guy who wanted to swap an H22 in his GST. 4 grand for 30 less hp, plus much less easy potential. If you want to compare, look into a Ford Mustang SVO, or a Dodge Colt with a 4g63 swap. Still a 2.something, put with more power, and more potential.

Be nice if the US got the Nissan Pulsar and the Starlet. That would be a nice mix of power and economy. To get it in the US you have to swap big engine into Econoboxes.
way to read my post and refute my points. how could you really think that your age was part of my point? who the hell cares if you are older than i am?

man, the "personal attack" was to show that its not fair to make generalizations. i dont care how old you are. i dont care what you watch on tv. i dont care about your lack of experience. my point is that your opinion is based of lack of experience with the subject. you probably forgot. the subject is if 368 should replace his metro with a gsr. why would he swap a 4g63 or vw engine???
Old 05-12-2008, 04:10 PM   #38
Registered Member

Maybe you should read the whole thread. My reply to the kool-aid sipping was for StorminMatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by StorminMatt View Post
The problem here is that a 220HP Prelude motor is just not going to be impressive in a 3000 pound Prelude. Swap that same motor into a CRX, and you are dealing with a completely different beast. With my scrappy 1988 CRX with a B18C5 under the hood (internally bone stock, NO TURBO), I EASILY beat GT Mustangs, yet get over 30MPG on the freeway.
You are the one who was trying to discredit me by calling me a 17 year-old internet racer(AKA a personal attack).

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisntjared View Post
let me know when you start doing. you must be 17, dont actually race(non drag) legally, and you also probably dont work on cars either. nobody i know that actually does satisfy that criteria hates on honda like you do.
I hate on Fords too. I loved my dad's honda civic. It was a great A to B car, and lasted 220K miles before he sold it. My next Honda, the prelude, was slow, and still only got 28 mpg on a good day. For the same price, I bought a LOADED Grand Prix that was MUCH faster, bigger, comfortable, and got MUCH better gas mileage, especially considering it was a boat with a v-6 and SC. 30-32 was normal, even with a quick boost jaunt on the highway. The Prelude died every two weeks because of some short in the wiring, and left me stranded at Sonic, school, work, and random other places. The fix cost about $600, and when I sold it, my father said don’t take the car back, even if he wants to give it back. For a beater A to B vehicle, go for it. I think the number of Civic on this board is a testament to that. But when people got on saying you can be really fast and get good MPG, I threw in the Regal from another poster, because it would be faster, and still get low 30s on the highway.
Old 05-12-2008, 06:09 PM   #39
|V3|2D

dust you just took the quote out of context to make it what you heard. THAT IS NOT ACCURATE!
read it again!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisntjared View Post
let me know when you start doing. your analysis of all japanese cars is just a generalization about the character of the driver.

its not accurate. ive got some generalizations for you, you must be 17, dont actually race(non drag) legally, and you also probably dont work on cars either. nobody i know that actually does satisfy that criteria hates on honda like you do.
i was trying to show you that making generalizations doesnt always work. how the hell could you screw up the quote that bad?

you just ramble about crap. you arent even responding to what i am saying. are you drunk? do people just walk away from you in person because you cant hold a conversation and answer questions?

want to take the thread to a state of remotely being back on topic?? if not then somebody should lock it.