Anyone here have a Integra GSR? - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 05-05-2008, 12:34 PM   #1
Registered Member

Anyone here have a Integra GSR?

I'm thinking of getting a GSR to replace my Metro.

They seem like fun cars with that 8000 RPM redline.

When your not redlining it what kind of FE does it get? Can it pull off 30s on the freeway? Any input would be nice.

1998 Buick Regal GS

1999 Chevrolet C2500

1998 Corvette
Three6Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 01:18 PM   #2
Registered Member

30's is easily achievable in a GSR

civic lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 01:51 PM   #3
Registered Member

I would stay away from it if your trying to get good FE. first things first, it uses premium, bigger displacement than a civic, insurance will be higher, and thieves want that car.

I had a friend in high school who had a VX, swapped it to a B16 si motor. he went from 50 mpg freeway to 25, + using premium, and living far from school. so right after the swap he didnt really hang out anymore, and never hit VTEC, while being super paranoid about someone trying to steal his swap.

so it was basically a 3,000 dollar swap (after labor) that was totally useless in every single way..

but to answer your question, yes a gsr can get 30 mpg with some good driving techniques, but a civic coupe would get even better, while the interior and trunk is bigger also.

the GSR is a fun car, its fast, but not that fast compared to other cars on the road.
civic94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 03:36 PM   #4
Registered Member

I have a 95 GSR and when I used to commute with it, which was probably 80% fwy at 80mph and the other 20% city driving I was averaging about 29mpg. Now that I'm commuting with my CRX, the Integra is mainly driven in the city with short trips where it barely warms up and has dropped to about 25.
mrmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 09:32 PM   #5
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic94 View Post
I would stay away from it if your trying to get good FE. first things first, it uses premium, bigger displacement than a civic, insurance will be higher, and thieves want that car.

I had a friend in high school who had a VX, swapped it to a B16 si motor. he went from 50 mpg freeway to 25, + using premium, and living far from school. so right after the swap he didnt really hang out anymore, and never hit VTEC, while being super paranoid about someone trying to steal his swap.

so it was basically a 3,000 dollar swap (after labor) that was totally useless in every single way..

but to answer your question, yes a gsr can get 30 mpg with some good driving techniques, but a civic coupe would get even better, while the interior and trunk is bigger also.

the GSR is a fun car, its fast, but not that fast compared to other cars on the road.
My Regal will eat up a GSR but as I've gotten older I do appreciate the technology of the GSR.

I use to be anti Import but I grew out of it. I think the 8000 RPM looks like a lot of fun and I'm going to test drive one on my day off to see If I really do like it.

Not a fan of Civics, I really like how Integras look. I know its not going to be the most fuel efficient car but if it can pull off 30 MPG if I baby it then thats good enough for me. I just want something a little more fun to drive then my Metro as a daily driver. The high theft rate of Integras does worry me a little though.

Hey MrMad you should make a Garage for your GSR.

1998 Buick Regal GS

1999 Chevrolet C2500

1998 Corvette
Old 05-06-2008, 06:12 AM   #6
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to GasSavers_Dust
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three6Eight View Post
My Regal will eat up a GSR but as I've gotten older I do appreciate the technology of the GSR.

I use to be anti Import but I grew out of it. I think the 8000 RPM looks like a lot of fun and I'm going to test drive one on my day off to see If I really do like it.

Not a fan of Civics, I really like how Integras look. I know its not going to be the most fuel efficient car but if it can pull off 30 MPG if I baby it then thats good enough for me. I just want something a little more fun to drive then my Metro as a daily driver. The high theft rate of Integras does worry me a little though.

Hey MrMad you should make a Garage for your GSR.
I think if I had to choose between the GSR and the Regal in your signature, I would go for the Regal GS. With all the weight, luxury, extra 2 cylinders and a SC still manage to get out 30 mpg on the highway.
GasSavers_Dust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 08:17 PM   #7
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic94 View Post
If this guy is not getting AT LEAST 30MPG on the freeway with an OBDI B16A swap in a lightweight Civic, then something is REALLY, REALLY, REALLY wrong with his setup. After all, with my ITR CRX (which is 1.8 liter), I get around 32-34MPG on the freeway. And that's blasting down the road at 80MPH.
StorminMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 08:44 PM   #8
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to suspendedhatch
I agree. You should be able to approach 35mpg with a B16. But most ricers add a fpr and bigger injectors thinking it's going to give them more power on their relatively mild builds. Or they get some ebay chip.

Security is a big concern with a Civic or Integra. Check out the security site I made so that you never become a victim. http://causeforalarm.thecarthing.com/version6/

I have a 92 Integra LS. I love the car for it's trunk space especially. And cuz it's a twin cam. It's a good second car when you have a Civic hatchback. Unfortunately it has over 230k miles so it's leaking oil from the usual places. And the clutch is completely blown. It's very hard to drive. It's a swap candidate that's for sure. The interior is in great condition. It's never been in a wreck but it's seen it's share of combat. I can't wait to get some money together for it. I have to finish my Civic first though. But my dream for the Integra is a 94 GSR motor and a B16 cable tranny. Nothing too crazy.

GSRs are so much fun. I personally love the 93 GSR, but good luck finding one in any kind of decent condition. The 94+ are great but seemed to get docile when you get around 98+ with four doors. I don't know what happened but it just seems like someone sucked the life out of them. So if you want a 98+ go for a type R, but be prepared to pay $12k+.

There are some of us here who want a balance between performance and mileage.

Civic VX, D15Z7, 5 Speed LSD, AEM EMS, AEM UEGO, AEM Twin Fire, Distributor-less, Waste Spark
suspendedhatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 10:34 PM   #9
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dust View Post
I think if I had to choose between the GSR and the Regal in your signature, I would go for the Regal GS. With all the weight, luxury, extra 2 cylinders and a SC still manage to get out 30 mpg on the highway.
The Regal isnt going anywhere, I love it and even if I hated it its an American car so its worth at most $2000 probably

It pulls off 30 MPG on the freeway but around town its more like 15 mpg so its mainly my dragstrip/Road Trip Car

I sure hope the GSR can pull off more then 15 mpg around town

1998 Buick Regal GS

1999 Chevrolet C2500

1998 Corvette
Old 05-06-2008, 10:38 PM   #10
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by suspendedhatch View Post
I agree. You should be able to approach 35mpg with a B16. But most ricers add a fpr and bigger injectors thinking it's going to give them more power on their relatively mild builds. Or they get some ebay chip.

Security is a big concern with a Civic or Integra. Check out the security site I made so that you never become a victim. http://causeforalarm.thecarthing.com/version6/

I have a 92 Integra LS. I love the car for it's trunk space especially. And cuz it's a twin cam. It's a good second car when you have a Civic hatchback. Unfortunately it has over 230k miles so it's leaking oil from the usual places. And the clutch is completely blown. It's very hard to drive. It's a swap candidate that's for sure. The interior is in great condition. It's never been in a wreck but it's seen it's share of combat. I can't wait to get some money together for it. I have to finish my Civic first though. But my dream for the Integra is a 94 GSR motor and a B16 cable tranny. Nothing too crazy.

GSRs are so much fun. I personally love the 93 GSR, but good luck finding one in any kind of decent condition. The 94+ are great but seemed to get docile when you get around 98+ with four doors. I don't know what happened but it just seems like someone sucked the life out of them. So if you want a 98+ go for a type R, but be prepared to pay $12k+.

There are some of us here who want a balance between performance and mileage.
Type Rs are neat but they range between $14,000 and $20,000 in my area
for that kind of money I would get a C5 Corvette for $15,000-$22,000.

I'm looking to spend less then $7000 . I was thinking about getting a SVT Contour but I dont want another 4 door so I'm looking for a 2 door GSR

1998 Buick Regal GS

1999 Chevrolet C2500

1998 Corvette