anyone here own the new Ford Fiesta? - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 06-25-2010, 03:37 AM   #1
Registered Member

anyone here own the new Ford Fiesta?

Anyone here own the new Ford Fiesta? If so what kind of gas mileage do you get? How do you like the car?

Non Gas Saver:
1994 Toyota Supra Twin Turbo
suprapsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 08:50 PM   #2
Registered Member

I guess no one owns one. So what do you folks think?

Non Gas Saver:
1994 Toyota Supra Twin Turbo
suprapsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 04:57 AM   #3
Registered Member

At least in the KY/OH/IN tri-state area Ford dealers near me haven't gotten any in yet.

I called around a few weeks ago wanting to test drive one!
'96 Chevy C1500 (5.0L 5sp)
'08 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Custom
'01 KTM Duke 2
Project84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 01:27 PM   #4

ive seen a few on the road in ct but none for sale. what little research i did on them says we got shafted in almost every possible way from the european version. no diesel, no snazzy interior, no sport suspension etc.
looks like the diesel is a 70mpg engine all day long. the gas sipper we get ive seen people getting low 40's. not bad but not great either.
kit352 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 03:10 AM   #5
Registered Member

That was the whole reason I wanted to go test drive one. I read all the reviews stating the interior was really nice and the suspension out performed the likes of Yaris/Fit.

Now you're telling me I won't get that?!? ARGH!
'96 Chevy C1500 (5.0L 5sp)
'08 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Custom
'01 KTM Duke 2
Project84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 04:56 AM   #6
Registered Member

We get shafted because the average American car shopper doesn't know any better. That said, the '04-'05 Focus I test drove awhile back had a better suspension than the Matrix/Corolla of the time.
I suspect the diesel isn't offered because it was deemed unsellable here with the slower acceleration and higher price. Emissions likely also came into consideration.
I'm waiting for the 1.2 ecoboost to be offered.
trollbait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 05:26 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project84 View Post
That was the whole reason I wanted to go test drive one. I read all the reviews stating the interior was really nice and the suspension out performed the likes of Yaris/Fit.

Now you're telling me I won't get that?!? ARGH!
we still get a decent interior and suspension that should be better than yaris but maybe not the fit. the europeans get on thats a few steps ahead or the one we can get. for being a world car they really limited the us on available options or standard equipment.
im researching the ecoboost now to see if its something im considering. its gonna have a decently high entry price and im so-so about gm support ona small car. looks like its gonna start at about 15k and go up to about 22k optioned out. thats alot of money for a compact even if it has a turbo.
kit352 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 10:23 AM   #8

We get shafted on the engines primarily because it's very hard to get them cleared for USA emissions regulations.

USA, and specifically CA, has the most oppressive emissions regulations in the world, despite how "enviro-forward" Europe tries to make themselves out to be.

We get shafted on suspension, well, mostly because if someone in the US wants a sportier car? They can easily go for the focus, or the fusion. There isn't really an incentive other than FE to go for tiny cars in the USA, because we don't have thousand year old cities with horribly designed roads.
Wyldesoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 03:14 PM   #9
Registered Member

Send a message via ICQ to theholycow Send a message via AIM to theholycow Send a message via MSN to theholycow Send a message via Yahoo to theholycow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biffmeistro View Post
We get shafted on suspension, well, mostly because if someone in the US wants a sportier car? They can easily go for the focus, or the fusion. There isn't really an incentive other than FE to go for tiny cars in the USA, because we don't have thousand year old cities with horribly designed roads.
But, speaking of suspension and roads, as I understand most roads (especially high speed roads) in Europe are much smoother and better kept than those in the US, which is part of the reason we need softer suspension. (As I understand, it's easier to budget for better roads there because there's less road area per capita...no long abandoned highways like we have.)

An additional reason for larger vehicles and softer suspension is the way we use them. In the US we spend more time in our vehicles, carry more crap, and often go further.

This is all based on what I've learned by discussing the issue with Europeans on forums, not from personal experience, so I can't say for sure.
Old 07-03-2010, 09:01 AM   #10
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kit352 View Post
ive seen a few on the road in ct but none for sale. what little research i did on them says we got shafted in almost every possible way from the european version. no diesel, no snazzy interior, no sport suspension etc.
looks like the diesel is a 70mpg engine all day long. the gas sipper we get ive seen people getting low 40's. not bad but not great either.
That's because they say/think Amercians dont like sporty/cool small cars. All we (excluding gassavers.org peeps) buy are small are ****-box cars because of $$$. That is why I drive a Honda Civic Si.