Block heater - Page 5 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuel Talk > General Fuel Topics
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login
View Poll Results: How many of you have a block heater?
I do 14 27.45%
I dont 18 35.29%
I might get one 19 37.25%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-07-2008, 02:44 PM   #41
Registered Member

isn't there a diy on here of one that you can run off your car battery. In that case it's all savings!!!!!!!!!!

guest001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 03:10 PM   #42
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to Hateful
Sounds like a good thing to have, but Winter is on the way out now and with all the grill blocking I warm up within 2 miles on the coldest days. I'm thinking more about an on demand heat exhaust fan for the engine bay;Possibly routed through the unused air intake in the reverse direction.

Hateful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 03:37 PM   #43
Registered Member

it still take a minute or so if your dont have the grill blocked.
guest001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 11:32 AM   #44
Registered Member

I'm expecting to receive mine in a couple of days. Can't wait.
Just have to order a few liters of coolant and start mounting. I have the technical possibility to connect it also at work! Have to ask my boss (will do after I mounted it) but I don't expect problems.
I will start a new thread when I receive mine and will post pics of the mounting.
As I live in Belgium I know I don't really need the thing, but I want to experiment with it for the fun and the MPG !
Wintertemps in Belgium are typically a few weeks freezing when daylight and a some more weeks also freezing at night. 'Freezing'....: -1 to -5?C.
Best you don't know yet: car is parked in garage (garage in house on top of it). That's why also connecting at work would be very convenient. There I always start with a colder engine than at home.
i-DSi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 07:59 PM   #45
Registered Member

I voted I do but I just realized that I don't... I have a dipstick heater. (no trouble with cooked oil, but I only use it sub 20 degrees F.) For me it's not so much mileage as it is getting the little beast to start at 5am, and -10 degrees. The winter's been mild so far, but January and February are usually brutal.

I'd rather have a block heater... but I think this Subie may be going on to... well something other than regular duty, so I doubt it'll get one.

Now since I'm in the process of shopping for a new (to me) car... well, well, well... you better believe it'll be getting a heater of some kind. Especially since I found out that the outlets downstairs are on the Landlords meter (sssshhh, don't tell anyone).

"If you want to save gas I suggest you permanently remove the drivers seat and steering wheel. That seems to help." -Oscar Halverson

oneinchsidehop is offline   Reply With Quote