Boron CLS Technology - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuel Talk > General Fuel Topics
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 02-26-2008, 05:17 PM   #1
Registered Member

Arrow Boron CLS Technology

Anyone heard of this, or have experience with it? I'm trying it out, looks promising. I've noticed there are quite a few different websites selling the same exact product with the same exact sales pitch, word for word. So it's obviously part of a company promoted by a get rich working at home and buy your own website system. However, they make some pretty serious claims and name the Department of Energy and NASA as part of the product's history.

The website I bought it from is calling the product "Motor Silk". Other websites have their own names for the same thing, with the same sales pitch word for word. I got mine from www.evergreenamerica.com

The basic technology states "Following long term extensive research for NASA, Dr. Ali Erdemir, a tribologist, discovered that Hydrated Boron Molecules, milled to under 1 micron (100X smaller than bacteria) form a permanent and self replenishing bond to any metal alloy thus creating an extremely slippery surface with a friction coefficient under 0.01% . The result is an incredible 80% reduction in surface friction and 90% reduction in component wear."

They go into further detail with extraordinary claims of racers gaining 24.5HP based on lap times....lol and some other rediculously hard to prove claims.

However the basic technology still gets my attention, knowing in my mind that I won't see 24 HP gained or 80% reduction in my engine's internal coefficient of friction. I still think that I'll see more good than bad.

gto78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 06:05 PM   #2
Registered Member

Boric acid is known to be a good solid surface lubricant, generic forms appear to be difficult to distribute around an engine though due to poor solubility and high particulate size. Some folks over on mpgresearch have been experimenting with it. I am planning mixing it in assembly lube while putting a motor back together, I expect most of it will end up in the oil filter, but hope that it will be around long enough to "treat" the engine. It bonds to metal surfaces, so there's reason to think of it more in terms of a "treatment" than an additive.

I remember The RoadWarrior..To understand who he was, you have to go back to another time..the world was powered by the black fuel & the desert sprouted great cities..Gone now, swept away..two mighty warrior tribes went to war & touched off a blaze which engulfed them all. Without fuel, they were nothing..thundering machines sputtered & stopped..Only those mobile enough to scavenge, brutal enough to pillage would survive. The gangs took over the highways, ready to wage war for a tank of juice
GasSavers_RoadWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 06:14 PM   #3
Registered Member

Yeah true they make sure to tell us that it's a one time treatment. What happened with MPG research? I love that site and it's been down for a week. I've never seen a forum with such a wide range of new ideas before. Those guys were on the ball with exact scientific formulas and studies etc.
Old 02-26-2008, 06:24 PM   #4
Registered Member

As far as I know, funding is kinda short for hosting, so it tends to run out of allowed bandwidth near the end of the month. It's annoying.
I remember The RoadWarrior..To understand who he was, you have to go back to another time..the world was powered by the black fuel & the desert sprouted great cities..Gone now, swept away..two mighty warrior tribes went to war & touched off a blaze which engulfed them all. Without fuel, they were nothing..thundering machines sputtered & stopped..Only those mobile enough to scavenge, brutal enough to pillage would survive. The gangs took over the highways, ready to wage war for a tank of juice
Old 02-26-2008, 06:29 PM   #5
Registered Member

I still haven't gotten the Motor Silk yet, any day now. There were a lot of discussions about positive results on the mpgresearch forum, on the topic of Boron and Boric acid treatments. It's marketed as a treatment, one time use. When you change the oil there's no need to ever add this stuff again. When that other forum comes online again I'll save the links they posted. They were posting links to manufacturers who supply .05 micron boron and also had all the info of how many grams per quart etc. You can buy one LB of the stuff for $79 which would last forever. That's something worth buying and then splitting the cost with a ton of other people...
Old 02-28-2008, 07:27 PM   #6
Registered Member

Another day without the product..... maybe friday?
Old 02-29-2008, 10:12 AM   #7
Registered Member

To the best of my knowledge, there is some boron in the additive packages in motor oils already.
froggy81500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 04:49 PM   #8
Registered Member

Send a message via MSN to n0rt0npr0
yes

Boron at 44ppm is already in Oil now. I attached a UOA for proof.

Quote:
Originally Posted by froggy81500 View Post
To the best of my knowledge, there is some boron in the additive packages in motor oils already.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BORON-IN-OIL-ALREADY.jpg
Views:	757
Size:	96.1 KB
ID:	1057  
Old 03-18-2008, 02:45 AM   #9
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gto78 View Post
I still haven't gotten the Motor Silk yet, any day now. There were a lot of discussions about positive results on the mpgresearch forum, on the topic of Boron and Boric acid treatments. It's marketed as a treatment, one time use. When you change the oil there's no need to ever add this stuff again. When that other forum comes online again I'll save the links they posted. They were posting links to manufacturers who supply .05 micron boron and also had all the info of how many grams per quart etc. You can buy one LB of the stuff for $79 which would last forever. That's something worth buying and then splitting the cost with a ton of other people...
I do know that you need to be very careful as to the particle size and concentration of moly for instance and where it is used....too much or the wrong particle size can result in unwanted effects.

a new policy....I intend to ignore the nescient...a waste of time and energy.
ZugyNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 05:05 AM   #10
Registered Member

I've been wondering lately if other oil additives such as metal deactivators may stop boric acid working as good as it should. It is kind of a metal dectivator itself, but if the metal has been passivated by something else first, it won't work so well.