Civic VX - differences in model years? - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuel Talk > General Fuel Topics
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 04-24-2008, 10:22 AM   #1
Supporting Member

Civic VX - differences in model years?

I was wondering what the differences are in model years of the Civic VX. I had a '92 last year and got myself a '95 now. I haven't really been able to check my new prized posession out yet, but apart from a different seat fabric I noticed that it had the driver side air bag, which made me wonder if there are more differences at all. Does anyone know?

McPatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 04:29 PM   #2
Registered Member

I think all VXs have an airbag for the driver. The passenger airbag was added in '94, I think. Maybe that's what you meant to say.

They did some funny stuff with the fuel tank. I think it was 12 gallons in '92 and '94. And 10 gallons in '93 and '95. I'd love to hear the inside story about how that decision got made.

I think it was in '94 that Honda switched to R-134a for A/C. Possibly some cars had it in late '93.

I think I've heard some people say that some VXs didn't have a passenger-side outside mirror. But I don't think I've ever seen one like that, so who knows.

I've heard that some early VXs in CA had the five-wire O2 sensor, and then the CA VX switched to the 4-wire.

I think in later years the standard radio was a little different. For example, I think it had 12 FM presets instead of 6, and more advanced tone controls.

Those are all the model-year differences I ever heard of. It would interest me if anyone knows of others.
monroe74 is offline   Reply With Quote