Components needed on Vx swap? - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 03-14-2009, 03:34 AM   #1
Registered Member

Components needed on Vx swap?

Hi to all, new here but fortunally not new to cars. I just purchased a 93 Dx hatchback with a fresh engine, had to drive it back about 280 miles back home and I was impressed with the economy it got with its present state. As mentioned its a Dx all stock. it gave me about 280 miles at little over 1/2 tank, crusing at 70-80 mph, but the needed factor is fuel economy at the highest level possible. From the research I've done all 1.5 engine blocks are the same, the Vx head king of mpg is the ultimate difference, and I just purchased one. These motors are inexpensive to overhaul from what I've seen. Due to the Japanese engines having high nickle content in there cylinders, there is usually little to no wear. As long as a cylinder is not worn more than .0035,or is not oval the it could be re-ringed. Does anyone know where I might be able to find +0.010 pistons for the Vx, All I've seen are +0.020. What else should I be looking for? If anyone is near the Houston and might know of a resonable Vx or Cx transmission, Please drop me a line Thanks!!!

rob47v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 04:45 AM   #2
Registered Member

Send a message via ICQ to theholycow Send a message via AIM to theholycow Send a message via MSN to theholycow Send a message via Yahoo to theholycow
How many MPG did you get on that trip?

Old 03-14-2009, 05:54 AM   #3
Registered Member

Well not knowing actual gallons used but guesstamation on how many used being 7 gallons and mileage in comes to 40mpg. Better than the 2000 bettle I had, my 98 ford truck did better.
Old 03-14-2009, 06:24 AM   #4
Registered Member

Send a message via ICQ to theholycow Send a message via AIM to theholycow Send a message via MSN to theholycow Send a message via Yahoo to theholycow
You got over 40mpg from a 1998 Ford truck? How did you do that?
Old 03-14-2009, 06:40 AM   #5
Registered Member

LOL thats a good one. I had a new bettle I could not get over 26-28mpg on the hwy. Traveling over 85 mile daily takes a told on the pocket. I did not make a week on a tank of gas with the bettle. I know the ford as a lager tank by 7 more gallons but I atlest made a full week out of a tank full!