d15z1 swap info please! - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuel Talk > General Fuel Topics
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 04-23-2008, 03:09 AM   #1
Registered Member

d15z1 swap info please!

I am somewhat of a noob with fe vehicles but would like to learn. I have decent mechanical knowledge and a full set of tools. I am looking at a 93 civic lx with a blown engine. I know I can order a long block d15z1 for a decent price. I also know ill need to get the A00 or A01 ecu to run the car. What I dont know is how much I will need to modify the harness in order to swap to the vtec-e engine. How big of a pain is it? How many wires do I need to add? I know a vx harness would be easiest but they are hard to come by. Would I be better off contacting a company like Hasport to make me a conversion harness? I appreciate any help you guys can give me. Ive been trolling for awhile, but the guy wants to know soon wether I want to buy this car or not so Im kind of on a deadline.

flydelsolsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 03:24 AM   #2
Registered Member

You need a P07 ECU. The D15z1 also has a different trans. However any D series trans will bolt up. Your better off to get a full swap. Call some speed shops in your area to see if they pulled one. Most racers wouldn't keep the D15Z1.

Wiring is easy, just get the schematic and run your self some new wires to the ecu. Besides VTEC you'll also need the extra O2 wires since the VX uses a 5 wire wideband.

You just need the VTEC engine harness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flydelsolsi View Post
I am somewhat of a noob with fe vehicles but would like to learn. I have decent mechanical knowledge and a full set of tools. I am looking at a 93 civic lx with a blown engine. I know I can order a long block d15z1 for a decent price. I also know ill need to get the A00 or A01 ecu to run the car. What I dont know is how much I will need to modify the harness in order to swap to the vtec-e engine. How big of a pain is it? How many wires do I need to add? I know a vx harness would be easiest but they are hard to come by. Would I be better off contacting a company like Hasport to make me a conversion harness? I appreciate any help you guys can give me. Ive been trolling for awhile, but the guy wants to know soon wether I want to buy this car or not so Im kind of on a deadline.

Old 04-23-2008, 03:42 AM   #3
Registered Member

I figured on just using the stock trans for right now until I could pick a cx/vx trans. I do not do much highway driving so the shorter gearing should not hurt me too bad. So as far as wiring goes, the only real difference is running vtec wires and wiring it up for the wideband o2? That is a lot more painless than I thought. Thanks for your help!
flydelsolsi is offline   Reply With Quote