Do other drivers ever get pissed off at you? - Page 14 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuel Talk > General Fuel Topics
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 03-10-2007, 04:37 AM   #131
Registered Member

I think the size of the car has a lot to do with it. Since I started driving the Daewoo I think people just expect it to be slow, even thought it's overpowered with 105 hp under the hood. The responses have been noticeably different. That's in a good way.

zpiloto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 05:03 AM   #132
Tuggin at the surly bonds

Quote:
Originally Posted by rh77 View Post
What we need is a little "Seafoam Injector" that squirts a bit of it into the intake when someone's following too close. White Smoke! That thing is going to blow! ...all the while performing "Routine Maintenance"

RH77
I once had some idiots driving a foot behind my bumper in deep sloppy, slush and snow. Seriously, I was sliding all over the place and wouldn't go any faster. So I steered my wheels into the deeper parts of the mess causing it to splatter up onto their windshield. Then they started honking at me! Ah..HaHaHa!! Idiots. All they had to do was back off.

Old 03-10-2007, 04:14 PM   #133
Supporting Member

RH77 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by rh77 View Post
What we need is a little "Seafoam Injector" that squirts a bit of it into the intake when someone's following too close. White Smoke! That thing is going to blow! ...all the while performing "Routine Maintenance"

RH77
Ha ha. I was thinking about this last night but wanted to be environmentally correct, so I was thinking some kind of dry ice mechanism. Hrrrmmmmm, maybe just a water injector that squirts water onto the outside of the exhaust, aka presto-steamo ?!?!?!

EDIT : If the Seafoam is considered emissions clean, it is a much better solution. 2 for 1!!!!

CarloSW2

What's your EPA MPG? https://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/calculatorSelectYear.jsp
cfg83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 06:37 PM   #134
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfg83 View Post
Hrrrmmmmm, maybe just a water injector that squirts water onto the outside of the exhaust, aka presto-steamo ?!?!?!
I still like dreaming about retractable paint-ball guns. Spring is here, so that means more motorists being impatient/cutting me off. People will cut me a break when it's icy, but not when the roads are simply wet .
Peakster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 08:43 PM   #135
Registered Member

Suction Darts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peakster View Post
I still like dreaming about retractable paint-ball guns. Spring is here, so that means more motorists being impatient/cutting me off. People will cut me a break when it's icy, but not when the roads are simply wet .
A friend has long suggested suction darts that stick to an offender's vehicle -- just point, shoot, and if you see a car that has more than 3+ darts -- you know who to avoid (that is until they stop and pull them off) -- but 3 in a trip is baaaaad.
Old 03-10-2007, 11:48 PM   #136
Registered Member

You can always install a windsheild sprayer setup on the rear Hit the button and any annoying tail gater gets a quick shot of spray. It might just create more road range, but oh well.
Old 03-11-2007, 05:06 AM   #137

Went to a car show yesterday with my mileage disgrace of a vehicle - didn't hot rod a full tank of gas and got 13.5mpg when I usually get 9mpg (450hp though ). 77 year old car not EPA rated.

Anyway- back on topic, I drove back behind some friends who had OLD (stock) cars, Ford Model A's etc. Top speed for the pack was 45mph in a 55mph zone, 70 miles of 2 lane back roads of FL and AL. Seemed like no one got angry and the roads we traveled had a decent shoulder so we went far right so cars could easily pass. ALL cars passed when we gave them the oppurtunity.

When I go far right in my Insight or Corolla I just get treated like I'm some drunk and they hang behind me even though they can clearly see around it's OK to pass. Not so much of a problem in the Geo, I guess it just looks like a POS.
BumblingB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 11:13 AM   #138
Supporting Member

Peakster -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peakster View Post
Even though you are talking about 007 style retractable paint guns, I am going to be the "sobered voice of caution" on this because in California, you can't have anything that looks like a gun in your car. Back in the mid '80's, they had just enacted this law. I was coming off my midnight shift at UPS as a loader. I had a "Laser-Tag" toy gun and I was a little punchy from just getting off the shift. When I was making a left turn, I pointed it at car that was making a right turn onto the street I was driving. She ducked hard into her seat. I thought "oops" and finished my left turn quickly. In my rear view mirror I saw her pull a HARD U TURN. She was chasing me!!!! I drove my getaway car, a Datsun B210 Honeybee, as fast as I could, which isn't very fast at all, and she caught up to me. Finally, I got cornered in a dead end street, so I did the only thing I could. I pulled the laser tag gun out again. She immediately spun around and zoomed away. A few weeks later I got a letter from the Police department in that area, telling me there had been a complaint. I went to the Police department and showed the officer my "gun". He gave me a sarcastic look and said not to do that anymore .

CarloSW2

What's your EPA MPG? https://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/calculatorSelectYear.jsp
cfg83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 12:20 PM   #139
Registered Member

I just got back from the annual mustang car race/show i go to every year at this time. I kept my speed around 62-64 and "camped" out in the right lane and i stopped counting how many cars blazed past me after 30 minutes! a few times someone would get caught behind me but mostly i was alone there.

LxMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 12:52 PM   #140
Registered Member

Holy cow cfg83, that is one of the craziest driving stories I've ever read ! Did you get in trouble with the company too?

Peakster is offline   Reply With Quote