Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuel Talk > General Fuel Topics
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 10-20-2006, 11:38 AM   #11
Registered Member

Sedona

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatr911
We had a 120 hp 2.5L 4 cyl caravan.
The fastest minivan I've driven is the 2006 Kia Sedona. 3.8L DOHC rated at 242hp and 251 lb-ft torque, 0-60 in 8.5 seconds. BUT FE was around 17. Gobs of torque.

RH77

Old 10-20-2006, 04:24 PM   #12
|V3|2D

Send a message via AIM to thisisntjared
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEN_EJ8
Yeah, I guess the soccer moms think its necessary to have a damn van that will out accelerate most compact cars through the quarter mile
its for hauling stuff. minivans are the more economical suv, they should be able to tow a small trailer or hold a good couple walls worth of sheet rock. its supposed to be like a van, but smaller, hence the name.

all in all i wouldnt knock a minivans ability to tow more. its a much better alternative than a mid-sized suv or truck if you never go off road

Old 10-20-2006, 04:41 PM   #13
FE nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisntjared
that newspaper doesnt know anything. they skipped the lotus elise, honda insight and seriously what else is in the mini-compact class???

also isnt the hybrid accord the same size as the sonata???? even the non hybrid accord gets a better epa rating than the sonata. they also forgot about the hybrid camry. something is askew in these 'awards'
I'm not sure about the other cars you mentioned, but the reason the Insight is missing is because there is no '07 Insight since Honda killed it last month.

2007 Prius,

Team Slow Burn
diamondlarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 06:55 PM   #14
|V3|2D

Send a message via AIM to thisisntjared
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondlarry
I'm not sure about the other cars you mentioned, but the reason the Insight is missing is because there is no '07 Insight since Honda killed it last month.
p00p
Old 10-20-2006, 08:03 PM   #15
Registered Member

Quote:
The Fit is a small station wagon? NOO! I'm an old man.

Anyway... I've seen pictures of 2-door Honda Fit's in Japan, so hopefully they'll be importing them soon.
I just returned from 10 days in Japan. I saw Honda Fits everywhere and only saw 2 Toyota Beltas (Toyata Yaris Sedan). The Yaris hatchback is also very popular there (they call it Toyota Vitz). The funny thing is those cars are medium sized in Japan. They get so many cool cars there that we don't ever see. My favorite are the tiny minivans live the Daihatsu Move. Honda, Nissan, Toyota all make them. My Japanese friend told me they have 660cc engines.