FE around the house, cutting the lawn? - Page 3 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuel Talk > General Fuel Topics
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 07-14-2007, 06:48 AM   #21
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VetteOwner View Post
i dont because spending $500 on a pushmower is insane when a $80 walmart special will last 20+ years and cut the same.
Well, there you have it. If you'd think a little more, and talk a little less, you wouldn't look like such a moron.

Old 07-14-2007, 07:44 AM   #22
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill in Houston View Post
Well, there you have it. If you'd think a little more, and talk a little less, you wouldn't look like such a moron.
Or $3 for a 35 year old LawnBoy at a garage sale that needs a good dejell and decoke, a wheel or two, and a blade....

-Emil Faber
Spule 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 08:08 AM   #23
Registered Member

LOL Little kids are cute as hell and very playful. They like climbing on things. I am not sure how they got up the haystacks. We hooked one to our wagon when we were kids too. Beware of the male ones though. Some of them grow up and smell so bad you can smell them a half mile away. Our neighbors had one that would piss on its face. Actaully it was a mile away and some summer evenings you could smell the darn thing.

I got my gas cans mixed up for my lawnboy. I stopped as soon as it started squeaking. I double dosed the gas with oil and it survived well. It was very light but I could not get it to cut grass evenly. The manual suggested to adjust the wheels unevenly if you had this problem. I ended up donating it. It was reliable and all but I hated breathing that oil smoke when I used the grass catcher. No is wasn't synthetic oil.
Old 07-14-2007, 12:45 PM   #24
Team GasMisers5!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spule 4 View Post
Why I prefer the D to F type LawnBoys, much SMALLER motors and lower HP. Light, fun to mow with, and fast. The gas tank holds a lot less than a quart and can run off of the tank for quite a while (mine are the old metal housing ones, this one below has a larger tank(

The two stroke LawnBoy died a silent death in the 2006 model year. '05s were the last

As for the OHV Hondas....

I have one of the first ones they sold here (that the guy at the parts counter claims was their best mower and a good one to have, compared to the new ones) that I like as it is small and light, but in the ten years I have owned it, I have never had it running, it might backfire once or twice, but that is it. I bought a few parts for it (from the above) and found out that it would get expensive fast.

Over engineered, over rated, over priced junk. Anyone that wants it can have it for what I have invested in it. (over $100)
I've got a lawnmower with a Honda OHV GXV120 (3.0kw engine, 4 stroke). It is really good, and can cut through stones, and branches, etc I've had it for over 10 years, and it was second-hand (ex-hire) when we got it, and it has never missed a beat.

It sounds like you were unlucky with your Honda engine (or maybe it was a different model?)

Team GasMisers5 - #1 for first three rounds of the original GS Fuel Economy Challenge
Miles displaced by e-bike since 1 Jan 2008: 62.6 (0 kWh used)
Hypomiler
landspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 01:19 PM   #25
Registered Member

lol its ability to cut thru stuff has to do with sharpness of the blade,

one year we went to start our mower and it threw a buncha mud out of the chute so we stopped it and looked at the blade, it was bent a full 90*!!! once again my moms doing... lol we think she tried to "trim" a basket ball sized rock in our backyard...but amazingly the engine still runs, has a bad knock when its under load (thick grass) but its lasted 3 years after that happened and still fires right up.

our other one that was given to use looks like it ran over a granade and blew up... theres so many rust holes in the deck and it flexes and duffs the ground if you push down, but it still starts right up (its one of those murry 20 mowers, im sure someone else around here still has one) and it cuts perfect every time.

lol and what the hell is ur problem bill? i was just asking as some people on here spent a bit more for a honda while a domestic will get you from point A to point B just the same yet diss all over domestic cars... so i was asking why they didnt spend a bit more for a honda mower if they think domestic products are junk...
VetteOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 06:02 PM   #26
Registered Member

Quote:
go for goats! .................

this is somehting ive always wondered about all of you honda lovers: Why dont you have honda lawnmowers and such? .............

I do. It's over 20 years old, & came in handy moving a Corvair engine one day.

I did get the wife a Dixie Chopper now that we are land baron's!
Old 07-15-2007, 11:51 AM   #27
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spule 4 View Post
I had a few Nigerian customers that owned Mercs and Peugeots that ate them too.
"Throw the horse over the fence some hay"
I misread Spule's post as: his customers had Mercedes and Peugeots that "ate" goats.
Lug_Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 03:47 PM   #28
Registered Member

Quote:
lol and what the hell is ur problem bill? i was just asking as some people on here spent a bit more for a honda while a domestic will get you from point A to point B just the same yet diss all over domestic cars... so i was asking why they didnt spend a bit more for a honda mower if they think domestic products are junk...
Well, now look at that. See, you and I (and many others on this board) don't own a Honda mower for exactly the same reason. We actually agree. But since you have such poor people skills, you used that commonality to divide yourself from others, rather than to get along with them. Which is fine, I guess, if you just want to alienate people and cause strife. I just don't get it.
Old 07-16-2007, 09:13 AM   #29
Registered Member

Quote:
this is somehting ive always wondered about all of you honda lovers: Why dont you have honda lawnmowers and such?

I have one and I love it. Great mower.
Old 07-16-2007, 07:37 PM   #30
Registered Member

Hmm...our Cub Cadet riding mower, 50" cut with a Kohler OHV 26hp motor runs about 3.5-4 hours on a 3-gallon tank of fuel, probably longer not running the blades. That means about 20mpg, since it tops out at 5.2mph.

I wonder what our Twister Hammerhead gets...

'09 Harley Nightster - 48mpg and 1/4 miles in the 12's
jcp123 is offline   Reply With Quote